Thread: Z-Flex exhaust pipe installation

Post Likes

Z-Flex exhaust pipe installation

Hello all,

A contractor installed an exhaust pipe for my oil furnace. It is a flexible (double-wall?) Z-Flex pipe. A few loops hanging from the ceiling of the crawlspace support the pipe. However, in two places he screwed the loop directly into the pipe. The screw penetrated right into the pipe. Is it how it should be done? My common sense says he just ruined the pipe... Plus this is an exhaust pipe so a leak can be poisonous... Should I demand they replace the pipe or is it ok???

Thanks a lot,
    D.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dimam View Post
    Hello all,

A contractor installed an exhaust pipe for my oil furnace. It is a flexible (double-wall?) Z-Flex pipe. A few loops hanging from the ceiling of the crawlspace support the pipe. However, in two places he screwed the loop directly into the pipe. The screw penetrated right into the pipe. Is it how it should be done? My common sense says he just ruined the pipe... Plus this is an exhaust pipe so a leak can be poisonous... Should I demand they replace the pipe or is it ok???

Thanks a lot,
    D.
    Z-Flex pipe is single wall. And yes he ruined the pipe. Instead of him replacing the whole thing he can fix it by cutting it at the screw hole and joining the new piece with a peice of pipe and tape or straps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in