Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    American standard Models

    Has anybody have an opinion on American Standard A/C model 2A7B3060
    and furnace AUH25120A9V5.

    Also how is accuclean? There was a recall on it? Any comments please

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    2,189
    Chakk

    This is AmStd's new introduction of their 95% AFUE var speed gas furnace and the 13 SEER Allegiance 13 AC.

    High eff furnace and low eff AC. That's one heck of a large furnace.

    The AccuClean is the same as Trane's CleanEffects. It is an EAC. It produces a small amt of ozone, uses a small amount of electricity for its operation. I suggest you ask dealer about maintenance/cleaning of the AccuClean.

    There is a recall for AccuCleans installed prior to June 07. Problem involves the collection cell and I believe the issue has been corrected.

    AmStd is Trane's sister company and is excellent HVAC equipment.

    http://www.americanstandardair.com/R...leanOwners.pdf

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by chakkishome View Post
    Has anybody have an opinion on American Standard A/C model 2A7B3060
    and furnace AUH25120A9V5.

    Also how is accuclean? There was a recall on it? Any comments please

    Thanks
    American Standard is the same as Trane, just different color and logo, and you will find here that Trane is one of the best on the market, accuclean is a great electronic filter they recall some parts free of charge, you can find extra info on their website
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
    - Steven Wright

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerdunes View Post
    Chakk

    This is AmStd's new introduction of their 95% AFUE var speed gas furnace and the 13 SEER Allegiance 13 AC.


    High eff furnace and low eff AC. That's one heck of a large furnace.

    I live in Chicago where the real summer heat is only for 2 months. So the use doesn't justify spending extra money on a higher SEER unit.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    5280
    Posts
    466
    The AC is their low end unit. I would step up to the Allegiance (2A7A30) unit. Better warranty, quieter and go with 410a.
    "We'll have to outwit the fiend with our superior intelligence." Yukon Cornelius

    Some people are like Slinkies---not good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by elkhvac View Post
    The AC is their low end unit. I would step up to the Allegiance (2A7A30) unit. Better warranty, quieter and go with 410a.
    Elk, I think you meant the Allegiance 4A7A40 (R-410A 14 SEER).

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    34,087
    Not much point in paying the $$ for the 4A7A4060. It won't get over 13 SEER anyway. Save the bucks and get the 4A7A3060 for the same SEER. All the "14" gets is a swept wing fan blade and a slightly quieter operation.

  8. #8
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event