Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by 4jime View Post
    The biggest advantage that I can think of is that the larger company might get a quicker response from the manufacturer, if there is a problem. Other than that, I agree with everyone else.
    Usually the response from mfgr is a reflection of the company. Good companies that do their part and don't waste reps time get good responses. Waste reps time, Get poor response, no matter your size

Twilli says it's not the size of the company but how you use it
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by twilli3967 View Post
    Twilli says it's not the size of the company but how you use it

I agree with twilli. The size of the company has no direct relationship to the quality, big or small. The advantages of a large company is clearly resources and as someone mentioned, talent pool. That said, some have turnstyles in the employment door.

One man operations dont mean good or bad either. If he's good, he's good, if he's not, he's not. His prices may be lower because of lower overhead, but if he's good he'll be charging what he's worth in the market. If I were a one man operation my prices would be at least what a large company with a decent reputation would be.

I dont like the guys repsonse when you asked for a lower price, but with that said, I dont know how you asked. If the system they offered was out of your price range, they should have offered a system that was. I'm more afraid that some sales guys dont understand that they should offer several system options. Good better best may be marketing mumbo jumbo, but at least it allows them to tailor a system that will make you happy at the price you're willing to pay. In this case, I would probably not deal with him, but a frank discussion with the owner as to why you are going with someone else may wake him up as to what his staff is doing and you may just get your lowered price.

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    I dont like the guys repsonse when you asked for a lower price, but with that said, I dont know how you asked. If the system they offered was out of your price range, they should have offered a system that was. I'm more afraid that some sales guys dont understand that they should offer several system options. Good better best may be marketing mumbo jumbo, but at least it allows them to tailor a system that will make you happy at the price you're willing to pay. In this case, I would probably not deal with him, but a frank discussion with the owner as to why you are going with someone else may wake him up as to what his staff is doing and you may just get your lowered price.
    well... I was looking for the best systems he has to offer for both A/C and furnace. Before coming to the price, he mentioned about the 2 hour service response which was impressing to me. But his prices where too high for the brand compared to the brand I was considering (American standard). He sounded like a pushy salesman who want to close the deal then and there. So I asked him a better price. I didn't even suggest my expected price. That’s when his racial remarks came. He was pretending as if the whole American customers will just agree to the price in the proposal. I can’t imagine somebody going to a car dealer and buy at the asking price.

Later I called his competitor and saved 2K from what this guy has quoted.

I think I know the company you are talking about. (They advertise in the newspaper with Chicago Bear players in their ads) I used them for my new furnace and ac. They actually turned out to be the low price for Lennox (I had 2 quotes for the identical equipment) They were also the best value compared to Trane and Carrier comparable units. My salesman was professional, gave me his cel number, and was LOW PRESSURE! I ended up using them due to financing options (the much smaller Trane shop would not offer any financing other than 12 months same as cash.... but then they added back in the interest as a "service charge" that the finance co. charged them) and due to the 15 year warranty, and 2 hour service time. I've had no bad contact with them. That being said, I would definitely communicate your experience with the preisdent of the company (on the sales material, they give you his direct line)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12