Mini-Split AC only what brand

I am looking at Mini-Split AC only. My local HVAC Co recommends Fujitsu because it is quiet but it is expensive!

Any other brand?

Has anyone tried 12000 BTU Mini Split Air Conditioner AmcorAir Brand With Toshiba Compressor

I like and install Fujitsu. They are very quiet and I have had good luck with their tech support when needed for questions. Other popular brands the Pros mention on this board are Mitsubishi and Daikin.

Other good brands are Sanyo and Chigo,Fujitsu is not expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by cn View Post
    I am looking at Mini-Split AC only. My local HVAC Co recommends Fujitsu because it is quiet but it is expensive!

Any other brand?

Has anyone tried 12000 BTU Mini Split Air Conditioner AmcorAir Brand With Toshiba Compressor
    I just had an MS series heat pump installed and could not be more pleased. The indoor is whisper quiet and the outdoor is probably like a small fan on low speed.

mitsubishi and sanyo are good,Toshiba seemed noisey and cheap.
    It's NOT the BRAND,it's the company that installs it!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heatpumpguru View Post
    mitsubishi and sanyo are good,Toshiba seemed noisey and cheap.
    Thanks very much for your advice.

Toshiba seems noisy and cheap but where is the noise, is it in the compressor unit (outside) or in the fan inside the room?

Also mitsubishi and sanyo are good, but ay particular of mitsubishi or sanyo that you recommend?

Thanks again.

Any luck?

cn,

Any luck with the minisplit info? I can't find anything on the AmcorAir Brand With Toshiba Compressor, how about you?

I have a local guy with a great price on the Amcorair, but I'm leaning towards paying more for a brand name. You?

(I also need 12k unit with heat pump).

I am doing the electrical rough-in now. Talking to electrician re 10 gauge vs 12 gauge wiring.

For Fujitsu, 12 G wiring is good enough because Fujitsu runs on 120V but just in case down the road, the unit needs replacement, then we might need 220V as some Mini-Split (? Friedrich etc.) Units run on 220V.

I have not decided which brand yet.

I visited my local HVAC Co. and they have a Fujitsu in their office, it is 'dead quiet', truly marvelous engineering by Fujitsu. No wonder it costs an arm+leg to have Fujitsu (which is basically a 'Cadillac').

However, I read the forum and some people have good luck with Sanyo, Toshiba etc and etc. Search the forum under "mini split" and see what you find. I am stilling trying to find a place that has less expensive mini-split models to check on the indoor unit's noise level.

I promise will report back once the mini-split is installed and my own impression of it.