Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Question on condensate traps

    What is the difference, if any, between the two different kinds of traps on on condensate drain lines--the one which is like the drain under the sink or the one which is elongated.

    Also, which comes first, I can't remember, the "T" or the "P?"


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sherman, TX

    P traps and R traps

    The two traps that I'm most familar with, are the traditional P trap (like the one under the sink) and the R trap, which looks like a straight pipe with a squiggle.

    I try to avoid the R trap, as they tend to lose their seal unless they're perfectly level..........causing water hammer noises on air handler systems where the coil and drain are on the suction side of the blower.

  3. #3

    Thanks. That helps me.

    San Antonio

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event