Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    if lightening strikes are routinely causing expensive repairs for PCB replacement, why not offer surge protection at the furnace 120V supply junction box?

One thing I figure in any new furnace I might eventually get is that I'd ideally want the proverbial plain vanilla 80% furnace. My reasoning being that less parts = less parts to break. In fact the only thing I really want that I don't currently have is an electronic ignition.

Lighnitng strike board failures aren't THAT common........besides, why would I wanna give up board sales? Easy money They can get surge protectors at Home Depot, and just like thermostats, that knocks out the mark-up for an HVAC tech.

Quote Originally Posted by cn View Post
    Just curious how an installer can "screw up" installation of the igniters and blowers.
    I thought these parts are part of the furnace that is shipped from the manufacturer.
    if the furnace is oversized, it will cycle on and off alot and burn up the ignitor. If the furnace is a 90+ and the installer doesn't clean the PVC shavings out of the intake and exhaust pipes, they can also burn out the ignitor or plug the drain. so basically the installer isn't installing the ignitor wrong, they are installing the furnace wrong causing parts to fail

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12