furnace pvc venting is making a water noise

I just built my own house, and had a high eff. furnace put in. The furnace seems to take forever to kick on after turning up the stat. There is a water trickling sound coming from the exhaust pvc pipe to the outside out the house, and and making a loud banging noise i can hear from my bedroom. There is a step-up in the pvc route before it gets to the outside wall. Is water trapped in the pipe, and can that cause the furnace to stall for long periods before kicking on? If anyone had any advice i would gretaly appreciate it. Also is that water supposed to make it outside or back down to the furnace to drain?

Was this professionally installed?

they do it on the side. One guy works for the tin knockers. do you have any advice

I do....call them back and make them fix it...

Let me ask you.... could it be from not enough slope, or dips in the exhaust line not allowing the water to drain back properly?

Would be a good place to start. Flue info is in install manual! If you paid them to put it in Make them fix it. Even if it was side work; they should do it right

Thanks.... is it normal to hear that noise? I guess i should have started wiwth that question

NO. Water noise is not normal and long delay in heat not normal!

I had a call similar to this one... it'd gurgle for a while, then shut off...

Turns out a strap broke and caused a big belly in the exhaust. Musta been 5 gallons of water in that 20' section of pipe.

Make sure it's got some slope to it. But most of all... call them back and make them fix it. It's not a hard fix (most likely) so they shouldn't complain too much about having to fix it.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Thanks for the help guys.

I bet Yamahadrew is now off fixing his own vent pipe.........

No DIY help guys. Just tell him to call a contractor.

Trusting some of the contractors out there is half the problem. I built the entire house with my bare hands, i am a contractor, but i dont mess with heating and air. So I can prob. fix it faster myself rather than waiting for them to come back and do it the right way. Its just nice having a site like this for some good advice, so you shouldn't look down on do it yourselvers because were not all ameutures on here.

sorry, had to get that out...

yamahadrew