Wink Reversing valve stay in a/c mode

work on 2 ton heatpump comfort maker yesterday, found unit stay in the cool mode, with t- stat calling for heat.( heat and cool work together)

switch O and B terminal at t-stat,RV still doing a/c, knock on RV a few time it does't make any different.
    checked the charging on a/c mode was correct, RV making one click clear noise ,it look like working as it should, switch RV wire at defrost board it does't help either.
    called boss, said replaced the RV ,its bad.
    so i think it may be something else i can try to get it work correctly before i change the RV.
    any idea guys,
    will appreciate any comment thanks.

i would have to agree with your boss

even if its not the problem, its the bosses fault
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Lightbulb Be Safe

Disconnect All Wires From The T-stat On The Board And Jump Short Piece Of Thermostat Wire With R,y,w And G And Check For Heat, It's Came Bad T-stat Replace It Good Luck

this is where your clamp on thermometer should be used to check rv
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

sounds a little DIYish to me

Comfort Maker energizes the reversing valve in cool. The reversing valve coil should be wired to "O" from the thermostat. Take the wires off the the reversing valve coil, it should switch to heat. If it does not, and the compressor is running, the reversing valve is bad! Replace it.

Note: that clicking sound you heard was the pilot valve in the reversing valve. Within a couple of seconds of hearing that click, it should have reversed. Since it did not, you have a bad valve.

Electricity switches the pilot valve. The pilot valve switches the Freon pressure. Freon pressure switches the reversing valve.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Neill View Post
    Comfort Maker energizes the reversing valve in cool. The reversing valve coil should be wired to "O" from the thermostat. Take the wires off the the reversing valve coil, it should switch to heat. If it does not, and the compressor is running, the reversing valve is bad! Replace it.

Note: that clicking sound you heard was the pilot valve in the reversing valve. Within a couple of seconds of hearing that click, it should have reversed. Since it did not, you have a bad valve.

Electricity switches the pilot valve. The pilot valve switches the Freon pressure. Freon pressure switches the reversing valve.
    You beat me to it Kevin, that is exactly what I was going to suggest, good answer.
    Screaming at me like a jack*** doesn't work because the air works in my truck and at home!

I was looking for a job when I came here and I'll be looking for one when I leave!

Yeah boss, the Model# starts with j and ends with k!

Quote Originally Posted by Airmechanical View Post
    sounds a little DIYish to me
    It's not.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfahrenheit View Post
    any idea guys,
    will appreciate any comment thanks.
    Disconnect the leads to the condenser fan motor, run the unit in the cooling mode,( assuming your unit energizes on cooling) when high side pressure is @ 400lb exercise the reversing valve bye disconnecting then reconnecting the low voltage wire. do this quickly and a number of times . I have broken lose stuck reversing valves many times this way. if that does not work change the valve.

While its running in cooling mode. Pull one of the RV wires off at the board. If you hear it click, but it doesn't change over. The RV is stuck/bad.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

But it's getting way to technical to be in this forum. To all the tech's that are new here, this is better off discussed in the Pro Tech forum.

Apply For Pro Membership Here

Smile Reversing valve stay in a/c mode

thanks for all the input guys,

i did replaced the reversing valve, and unit working properly.
    thanks to you all.