Cooking Brats - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooking Brats

Glad they turned out good for you. I tell you, ever since I discovered this way to cook brats, its really hard to cook them any way else. Every time they turn out perfect. The best part is you can watch football and not have a ruined meal because you forgot to go out and turn them. Grill On!!!!!!

While it sounds delicious, I don't know if I could pour out a perfectly good Guiness into a pan for cooking. We just served up brats for 100+people this weekend, so funny how this topic came up. We just boiled them first, then grilled quickly for flavor. The beer boat sounds good though. Sauerkraut is a great side dish, and mustard is mandatory. We served baked beans, which aren't bad except for later on.....
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Do any of you eat cheddarwurst?

Quote Originally Posted by btcstudenthvacr View Post
    Well living in Wisconsin home of Johnsonville Brats I'll share a few sides...first a Leinie's(I perfer original light or Honeyweiss).
    Second it wouldn't be summer in WI with out the traditional's at the picnic table coleslaw,(german)potato salad,(bushes)baked beans,steak fries or waffle fries.or chips go good as well. Hope that helps
    Bret
    My wife is from fondu lac WI and I never had to cook brats until I met her.
    I am only as good as the problems I've solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
    Do any of you eat cheddarwurst?
    Yup, why you ask?
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

Cheddar Brats

By far the best brats, when done right, are the cheddar brats! Hy Vee makes a pineapple bratwurst thats pretty darn good too.

Hmm this sounds appetizing. Can't wait to try it on them Garlic & Butter or the Mushroom & Swiss Brats I got from Swiss Meat & Sausage- Hermann, MO. They're the best Brats I've ever had.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Quote Originally Posted by KCProTech View Post
    By far the best brats, when done right, are the cheddar brats! Hy Vee makes a pineapple bratwurst thats pretty darn good too.
    I would have to politely disagree, they are very very good and tasty, but I don't think are the best brats I've ever had. I would have to say the beer boat brats were the best I have ever made.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

You All Need To Try A Packer Bratt, It Is The Ultimate Seasoning Of The Meat And Has Fresh Green Peppers And Chedar Cheese In The Bratt. The Meat Cutter Around Here Makes These And They Are Awesome. REMEMBER A BRATT IS ALL ABOUT SESONIG AND THE QUALITY OF MEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by nwrscold View Post
    You All Need To Try A Packer Bratt, It Is The Ultimate Seasoning Of The Meat And Has Fresh Green Peppers And Chedar Cheese In The Bratt. The Meat Cutter Around Here Makes These And They Are Awesome. REMEMBER A BRATT IS ALL ABOUT SESONIG AND THE QUALITY OF MEAT!

They're probably on sale and real cheap after last sunday......
    If everything was always done "by the book"....the book would never change.

Kcprotech

Quote Originally Posted by KCProTech View Post
    Watching the Chiefs/Packers game. Cooking up brats in beer boat with onions and home grown peppers. Cooking golden potatoes in foil with peppers and onions and garlic and seasoning Gonna be ready for kickoff of the Pats/Colts game.

MY 42 YEAR OLD CHIEFS PACKERS VIDEO IS GETTING DISTORTED, DO YOU HAVE A NEW ONE? LOL

EVER BEEN TO WERNERS IN MISSION ON JOHNSON DRIVE?
    LOVE THEIR BRATS!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by DuJane View Post
    Short for Leinenkugel. It's a brand of beer brewed in Wisconsin.
    http://www.leinie.com/av.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12