Cooking Brats
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooking Brats

Thumbs up Cooking Brats

Watching the Chiefs/Packers game. Cooking up brats in beer boat with onions and home grown peppers. Cooking golden potatoes in foil with peppers and onions and garlic and seasoning Gonna be ready for kickoff of the Pats/Colts game.

sounds good, too bad we lost!

great day for brats and saur in kck though

I love polish sausages with sauerkraut, mustard, and sweet pickles.

For some reason I can't stand the taste of brats, something about their taste makes me gag.

Sometimes, I do want to smack my brats, but I'd never kill and eat them. That's sick.
    Luke 6:31

We cook Brats every once in a while and we always come up short on what to cook to go with them; can you guys give me a list of things (side dishes) that go good with Brats?

Thanks for the input.

CW.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Quote Originally Posted by KCProTech View Post
    Watching the Chiefs/Packers game. Cooking up brats in beer boat with onions and home grown peppers. Cooking golden potatoes in foil with peppers and onions and garlic and seasoning Gonna be ready for kickoff of the Pats/Colts game.
    Whats a beer boat?

I love Brats, but have only grilled em before

Quote Originally Posted by citywide service View Post
    We cook Brats every once in a while and we always come up short on what to cook to go with them; can you guys give me a list of things (side dishes) that go good with Brats?

Thanks for the input.

CW.
    Well living in Wisconsin home of Johnsonville Brats I'll share a few sides...first a Leinie's(I perfer original light or Honeyweiss).
    Second it wouldn't be summer in WI with out the traditional's at the picnic table coleslaw,(german)potato salad,(bushes)baked beans,steak fries or waffle fries.or chips go good as well. Hope that helps
    Bret

Absolutely a Leinie's! My pick is Red or Apple Spice though. :-)

I have a great recipe for beans that goes really well with brats. I need to find it. This thread makes me want to make brats this weekend.

Ulitmate bratt cooking device

A beer boat makes cooking brats on the grill easy as sin. Buy a foil baking tray or make one out of a double layer of heavy duty foil. Put your brats in the "boat" along with peppers and onions and beer. Guiness is really good because it reduces to a rich caramel like flavor, cant go wrong with PBR or Budweiser either. Grill brats for about 45 min or until beer is reduced down and onions and peppers are done. Place brats over direct coals to get some grill marks and more flavor on them. Serve brats with the peppers and onions heaped over it.
    Its my version of the "sheyboygen sausage" that they serve at Royals Ball Park.

A beer boat makes cooking brats on the grill easy as sin. Buy a foil baking tray or make one out of a double layer of heavy duty foil. Put your brats in the "boat" along with peppers and onions and beer. Guiness is really good because it reduces to a rich caramel like flavor, cant go wrong with PBR or Budweiser either. Grill brats for about 45 min or until beer is reduced down and onions and peppers are done. Place brats over direct coals to get some grill marks and more flavor on them. Serve brats with the peppers and onions heaped over it.
    Sounds great, I'm going to try that this weekend.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by DuJane View Post
    Absolutely a Leinie's! My pick is Red or Apple Spice though. :-)

I have a great recipe for beans that goes really well with brats. I need to find it. This thread makes me want to make brats this weekend.
    What is a Leinie's???? Gotta be an east coast thing - never heard of it here in the midwest.

Did you ever find the beans recipe?

Like the beer boat idea posted here as well but don't like peppers so will use onions instead - any other suggestions to go with them?

Thanks for your help with the sides to all who posted.

CW.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

Quote Originally Posted by citywide service View Post
    What is a Leinie's???? Gotta be an east coast thing - never heard of it here in the midwest.
    Short for Leinenkugel. It's a brand of beer brewed in Wisconsin.

Made them yesterday for football. Best and juiciest brats I've ever made. Thanks for the tip, I took a picture with my phone and sent it to my buddy, he was pi$$ed he wasn't there to eat them.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast