Brand Differences what works in Phoenix

I have a 10 year old A/C system in which one of them has really started acting up. I am looking at getting new units, but am inundated with different contractors talking about different equipment. It seems to be common that almost every contractor has Trane. Trane has covered the market with dealers and made a strong dealer network opportunity to make sure they get most of the business in Phoenix. I need a system that is reliable and will last, just like everyone else. I am looking to stay in my house for at least another 10 years. I have approx 2900 square feet and a two story home. Does anyone have any input on other brands> I have been offered Maytag Ultra 2 Stage 16 SEER and Lennox XC21 18 SEER series.

Any thoughts??

I appreciate any feedback anyone could offer.

Thanks

the brand is only as good as the installing contractor

chose carefully
    select the one that does a heat load calculation and inspects your duct work for proper sizing
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Quote Originally Posted by lolson View Post
    the brand is only as good as the installing contractor

chose carefully
    select the one that does a heat load calculation and inspects your duct work for proper sizing
    Great advice

I appreciate the need for the load calculation. I am working on getting that. Any one know of a good installer in Phoenix? Also, if I have a great installer, then will it matter which brand? (Trane, Maytag, Lennox?)

Thanks.

i installed a lennox in my home
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

LOLSON:

Thanks for the reply. How long have you had the Lennox system and who did you use to install it. I have heard that replacement parts on the Lennox are hard to get, is that true?

It depends on the distributer(s) (or lack thereof) of Lennox parts and equipment in your area available to your dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    It depends on the distributer(s) (or lack thereof) of Lennox parts and equipment in your area available to your dealer.
    Both Lennox and Trane have factory warehouses in Phoenix

There you go; choose your installer wisely.