Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No disrespect to your salesman, as I am one also, but he needs to get his facts straight on what YOUR SEER is. Why do you think its called an XL14? Why do you think the next model up is called and XL15...XL16 etc? With trane equipment that usually is the best the unit can do with vspd blower and proper coil. Why did he use a non-Trane product, your coil? Trane must have 15-20 different coils to match up with with furnace and ac.

To get your tax credit he needs to provide you with an SEER and AFUE fact sheet that list the indoor coil, ADP, and outdoor unit seer rating. Then and only then would your system qualify and your XL14 is not a qualifing 15 seer unit. You can submit anything you want to the irs and only if an audit is called would you get caught.

Please correct me if I am wrong on anything I stated above.

If this were me selling this job and I was mis-imformed about a seer rating and I told a customer he would qualify for a tax credit and the facts I gave were wrong, I think you should have the company you purchased this from either give you a qualifing unit or the tax credit they said you should get.

I'm a little confused. I realize the 14 SEER A/C does not qualify for the biggest tax credits, but I was told that the XV95/XL14i system would earn a $300 federal credit. It was one of the requirements of my purchase. Are you saying that it doesn't qualify?

Also, I specifically asked the salesman if the coil I was getting was a standard Trane component (not "aftermarket") and that it was a factory recommended part for my XL14i. He said it was. Did he give me false information?

your furnace is +95% AFUR=$150
    your furnace v-spd fan=$50.00 more

your 14 SEER ac =$0.00

http://www.trane.com/residential/Tra..._Eligible.aspx

When I go to this page and look to enter your product ac model number yours is not listed. sooooo it does not qualify for ac energy credit

Quote Originally Posted by cliebold View Post
    http://www.trane.com/residential/Tra..._Eligible.aspx

When I go to this page and look to enter your product ac model number yours is not listed. sooooo it does not qualify for ac energy credit
    If you noticed neither is the new TUH model furnaces, but they have tax credits, in order to determine if it is capable of 15 seer, you would need to have all the model numbers, but with a 410 system the chances of getting more than 13.5 seer out of that system are slim, most coils only get 13.5, some 14, but i bet to get 15 seer your coil hieght would be near midway up your living room floor. I don't have our ARI lists handy here at home, but the only way we got 15 seer out of a XL14 was with R22 and a VERY large acoil. This is a prime example of why we have hired and fired 3 salepersons in as many yrs. Promises without the knowledge to back it up. Gets a company in trouble all the time. Hell even those with the know how have a hell of a time getting those #'s right these days. the tax credit thing is a joke anyway, in order to qualify you need to spend twice what you get back, just to get some ching from Uncle Sammy.
    You can't fix stupid

Thank you all for the tax credit information. It is good to know that I will get $200 for the furnace. I was not expecting anything for the A/C.

The funny thing is that I questioned the salesman's claim that I would get a $300 tax incentive. On two occasions I mentioned to him that I believed that only $200 would be available to me. But, he was certain I would get $300 for the system.

So, long story short, I am not surprised the tax credit is only $200. The pocketbook is thankful for anything uncle sam can spare. That, plus the utility company's rebate, will help shave off a few hundred dollars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12