Opinions about Trane humidifier?

I've been poking around the forums a bit, trying to find any relative opinions about the Trane-branded humidifiers. I see Aprilaire mentioned a lot, sometimes Honeywell, plus a few other brands (mostly in the steam humidifier category). I can't seem to find anyone expressing an opinion on the Trane humidifier products. Would anyone care to?

More specifically, a contractor has quoted me the Trane 500 (THUMD500APA00A).

Thanks!

the only ones i install is Aprilaire. but your local contractor will install there products
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Aprilaire makes the Trane's by-pass unit. If this an add on, and willing to pay more, then go for it.. Just paying for the name.

But if this going with a Trane package, then go for it, It will be under warranty.

Honeywell and Aprilare are both good lines, I have Honeywell on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    Aprilaire makes the Trane's by-pass unit. If this an add on, and willing to pay more, then go for it.. Just paying for the name.

But if this going with a Trane package, then go for it, It will be under warranty.

Honeywell and Aprilare are both good lines, I have Honeywell on mine.
    I suspected it might be something like that. It is a Trane package. This unit is not a bypass unit -- is it still a rebranded Aprilaire? If so, would you happen to know which Aprilaire model the unit I mentioned is equivalent to? The only logical possibility seems to be the 700, but it'd be nice to confirm this. Thanks!

Yes, be same as the Aprilaire 700 model.

Aprilaire only private labels their old stuff. You guys should see the new Aprilaire hunidifiers they had at Comfortech.

I am switching back to them from the Lennox branded Aprilaire.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    Aprilaire only private labels their old stuff. You guys should see the new Aprilaire hunidifiers they had at Comfortech.

I am switching back to them from the Lennox branded Aprilaire.
    I'm guessing it isn't on their website yet, at least not the 'customer' side. Any cool features you want to tell us about?

Quote Originally Posted by dbb1 View Post
    I'm guessing it isn't on their website yet, at least not the 'customer' side. Any cool features you want to tell us about?

New colors, white over gray. All new digital LED readout humidistat with a blue background like the White Rodgers touch screen stats.

The humidistat gives you the current humidity reading as well as your set point, it has 3 LED's a pad change reminder and two others I can't remember what they are for.

Also, the humidistat wiring and mounting are greatly improved.

I heard they will be available sometime this month.

TrueSTEAM Best Choice

It is not shipping yet in market - scheduled for late November, but if you can hold off, the new Honeywell TrueSTEAM solves all the standard issues of typical evaporative type humidifiers. More info at http://www.hotfreshcool.com/truesteam.html

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBob View Post
    New colors, white over gray. All new digital LED readout humidistat with a blue background like the White Rodgers touch screen stats.

The humidistat gives you the current humidity reading as well as your set point, it has 3 LED's a pad change reminder and two others I can't remember what they are for.

Also, the humidistat wiring and mounting are greatly improved.

I heard they will be available sometime this month.
    just what we need, more expensive humidifier parts to stock That is cool though.
    You can't fix stupid