Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    you have made several statement about the goodman dealer doing a good job and standing behind his work and the product, if you really believe it then there is no reason not to go with the goodman
    oce installed correctly it will do a great job

Quote Originally Posted by dhvac View Post
    you have made several statement about the goodman dealer doing a good job and standing behind his work and the product, if you really believe it then there is no reason not to go with the goodman
    once installed correctly it will do a great job
    Your 100% right and that is what I am going to do....

Thanks for all the input......

quandary

Ask the smaller contractor to bid the same Trane system.

Confused Huh?

oops
    Last edited by kellyr24; 11-06-2007 at 01:00 AM. Reason: mistaken identity

Question Huh?

no trolling, just oops
    Last edited by kellyr24; 11-06-2007 at 01:01 AM. Reason: brain fart

Quote Originally Posted by kellyr24 View Post
    Up to 99 years on the compressor? What part of the heater is that? Useless info for the OP!
    "With a GoodCare Extended Service Agreement, you’ll have your choice of 5-years, 10-years, or even up to 99-years of worry-free comfort without the unexpected cost of replacement parts or labor expenses should your Goodman equipment require service. If a repair is needed, an Authorized GoodCare Dealer will respond promptly and make repairs with quality Goodman parts."

That's Goodmans warranty take it or leave it......and where did it say anything about 99 years on just the compressor?

http://www.goodmanmfg.com/Home/Warra...4/Default.aspx

Question why are you trolling me? Just add to the post no need to troll anyone.

"
    The Trane guy above even bought Goodman ROFL....different story though. Hey lil' john, get yer story straight. Never would buy or sell goodman, not my flavor...HUH?"

That comment wasn't about you....it was about slimwoodie and he said in his post why he choose it if you go through the forum and read it.

The Ultimate Paradox

I have to smile while reading the comparisons between Trane and Goodman. I occasionally work in the Park Cities (the affluent area of North Dallas). I can't tell you how many homes I've been in, where the condensing units were Trane (outside where the neighbors can see them) while the furnaces and coils in the attic were Goodman.

So, I'll go with the philosophy that it isn't so much the name, but the quality of the installation.

your old unit is 22 years old.....why not get another???........................................ .... or i'd wait for the Rheem guy.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    I have to smile while reading the comparisons between Trane and Goodman. I occasionally work in the Park Cities (the affluent area of North Dallas). I can't tell you how many homes I've been in, where the condensing units were Trane (outside where the neighbors can see them) while the furnaces and coils in the attic were Goodman.

So, I'll go with the philosophy that it isn't so much the name, but the quality of the installation.
    I guess I'll have to paint the Goodman condensing unit Trane Tan.....
    It'll be installed on Thursday.......

This same contractor quoted me a Rheem/Ruud at several hundred more.

I think you went about this wisely. Please let us know how the install went and feel free to post some pictures (we like pictures ).

They like pictures alot Good luck with your new system!!

Mark.

Last edited by tinner73; 11-05-2007 at 11:11 PM.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

I am a proud Trane owner for 3 years. Get a few more bids.. No way you can buy two Goodman to one Trane.

I'll admit, Goodman had improved over the last few years, the ONLY thing I do NOT like about the two stage Goodman..... You can NOT use a two stage t-stat on this.. The board controls the staging.. I rather have the full comfort of a t-stat do the staging as needed, and long run time on our cold Minnesota Winters rather than having the unit cycle on and off.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast