Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If it was your home and money...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mayguy View Post
    the two stage Goodman..... You can NOT use a two stage t-stat on this.. The board controls the staging.. I rather have the full comfort of a t-stat do the staging as needed, and long run time on our cold Minnesota Winters rather than having the unit cycle on and off.
    Mayguy.
    The goodman board is set up to run 2 stages of heat either timed through the board or with a 2 stage stat. Its set by jumper position.
    All Goodmans are 2 stage.

I have installed quite a few of the GMV95%ers and would put one in my home as well.

Post Likes
    I am not sure if this model is the one or not, but I know there are a couple of model's out there that use the board only..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    the Rheem was more than the Trane?????
    No, the Trane quote was considerably higher than even the Rheem/Rudd.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by contactor View Post
    Ive installed Goodman for years, formally Janitrol. Trane, Goodman, or any installer will not guarantee your new system will not fail. If you are absent from home, you need to still check on your house for water leaks, theft, vandalism, fire, etc. Having a contractor available for problems is beneficial for you, especially if warranted, but home inspection is required of out of home occupants. Someone or thing has to alert to a problem, or do you expect the contractor to have a crystal ball?
    My original post stated that I would be gone most of the week. My wife and 11 year old son will be here. I needed an assurance from the installer that she could call anytime there was an issue.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    I think you went about this wisely. Please let us know how the install went and feel free to post some pictures (we like pictures ).
    Thank You !!!

I'll post some pics when I get back....

Post Likes

furnace selection

I recieved bids from Goodmen, American std, and rheem all 3 were close. IF the Goodmen contractor was that much cheaper. Get another bid.

Went with the American Standard contractor of small company did calculations was very professional matched 10 year parts and labor warranty.
    Who ever yuo decide insist on the extended warranty.

Post Likes
    you get what you pay for. go with american standard if you have the money.

Post Likes

Equipment manufacturing

I used to think that all equipment was the same to a large degree, and it is. The same motors and compressors can be found in all equipment. I had a 5 ton janitrol squirrel cage blower come apart on me, and when I examined it, the engineering was flawed. The replacement was different.
    Fan coils and condensor coils can be manufactured well or poorly. I now think Trane has better research and developement. Also better engineering. Also better quality control. This goes to reason, as they are a large expesive enterprise with deep pockets and a reputation to uphold. Not to say that other manufactures don't make good products. Trane is just more consistant. The question is, is this worth the large additional cost. After 25 years in the biz I still don't have a good answer for the homeowner. As a contractor, I try to go with Trane, as I don't want callbacks.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MN homeowner View Post
    No, the Trane quote was considerably higher than even the Rheem/Rudd.
    The Rheem was only a few hundred more than the goodman and you are still thinking Goodman??? Uhh Ok

Post Likes
    With some of the logic posted here I guess we should raise our prices on Goodman equipment so the customer feels they get a better deal.

If we price our equipment next to Tranes or other mfgs marketing costs for the very similar equipment we could have much better margins and the customer will feel better about there purchase having paid a lot more money.

I am not dissing Trane as I feel they make very good commercial equipment.

Post Likes
    Greetings. I had a Trane XV90 installed in my home four years ago and it has worked flawlessly over those years and required no repairs, just annual cleaning and maintenance calls. My gas bills are the lowest amongst my neighbors. I am very happy with the purchase and would buy it again.

Please note that I am not a salesman, installer, technician, etc... just a happy and comfy home owner.

Dan

Post Likes

Follow the money

Quote Originally Posted by airon View Post
    With some of the logic posted here I guess we should raise our prices on Goodman equipment so the customer feels they get a better deal.

If we price our equipment next to Tranes or other mfgs marketing costs for the very similar equipment we could have much better margins and the customer will feel better about there purchase having paid a lot more money.

I'm sure all manufactures and distributors charge all their market will allow allready. Trane charges more because they can.

Post Likes

Cool Dan the Man!

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Greetings. I had a Trane XV90 installed in my home four years ago and it has worked flawlessly over those years and required no repairs, just annual cleaning and maintenance calls. My gas bills are the lowest amongst my neighbors. I am very happy with the purchase and would buy it again.

Please note that I am not a salesman, installer, technician, etc... just a happy and comfy home owner.

Dan
    Very nice to hear from an owner! Excellent testimony, enjoy your Comfort System!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by airon View Post

Thats what the goodman distributor told me last week when i signed up with them (reluctantly) He said the contractors are selling more goodmans by raising the prices and making more money. My issue right now is that goodman is so close to the ICP line I sell that I cant justify going to goodman at all.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Post Likes
    The only question I have is why didn't you get a quote from Carrier dealer on an Infinity system.

You would have been happier with the out come after it was installed..

Carrier Infinity~~1st platoon

Trane ~~~ 2cd. Platoon

Goodman ~ Squad hunting for platoon to join..
    'Life begins with the journey each day'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in