Bryant Filter Air Flow

Hello all I know this might seem silly but I want to put in the new filter in the right direction. From the two pictures is the filter in correct now or do I need to turn it around?

http://img152.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_886lo.JPG
    http://img108.imagevenue.com/img.php...122_1164lo.JPG

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    The air flow(arrow)should be pointing in the direction of the air flow, which is into the furnace.

It doesn't appear to be the correct size filter,air will pass around in unfiltered from what I see.

Is there another place,or just not a good fit.Return grille sometimes have filter holders behind them.

As Dash said, it need to be turned around.

Looks like that holding bar is too much to hold the throw aways.. too much by pass.. Your A/C coil may or is plugged up.

I see you had the "hoghair" laying on the floor, why don't you go back to that style. They can be found at home centers like Home Depot.

Always install the air filter in the return air flow (where you have it) with arrow pointing toward the blower, in your picture to the left. However, of greater importance is the need to completely filter the air. It appears you've got the wrong size filter in there and as others have said, air is going to by-pass the filter. That's a huge issue and very, very bad. You've got two coils that can be clogged by dirt getting past the filter. The furnace recuperative coil is first in line and the AC coil is last in line. Either of those can drastically affect the operation of the system. I'd recommend a tune-up by a highly qualified technician and learn about your system first. Then write down the proper filter size on the unit with a magic marker so you'll always have it for quick reference. Then stock up on the proper size if you're not going to go with anything but a rock stopper and your'e good to go.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Thanks guys you know I actually didnt have it sitting where it needed to be it fits perfectly now. Also I am going to get a tune up done thanks. One more thing what is meant by a hoghair??

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    It's a type of filter you can cut to fit,what you have is better,IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by milehighguy219 View Post
    One more thing what is meant by a hoghair??
    The Hoghair is a blue plastic spun filter, at first I thought that what was laying on the floor under the door, but I looked again, it looks like carpet instead.

As dash said, the throw away is better.

Thanks again guys you have been a huge help and thank you as well for not pointing the finger when I asked a simple easy question.