I just have a quick question on sheet metal work. I am looking into replacing our home's 16-year-old furnaces x2 (see below), to be replaced by my local HVAC Co.
The questions are:
1. Should I get furnaces (let's say brand XYZ) with similar openings as right now so there is less "messing around" with sheet metal work.
2. Or any furnace can be made to fit into existing sheet metal openings???
3. Do most furnaces have similar opening sizes on RETURN and UPFLOW Ouput portions?
House Built in 1991.
* 1st Floor + Basement: 1991 TEMPSTAR Gas Furnace (5 burners ? 100K BTU)
* 2nd Floor: 1991 TEMPSTAR Gas Furnace (4 burners ? 80K BTU)
Tempstar Furnaces #: NUGI100DH03, L904166400