Control for residential system via internet

Does anybody know of a control that will allow access via the internet using an existing cable modem for an existing residential heat pump? I am aware of the Infinity/Evolution control with the satellite internet connection but I was wondering if anybody else had a system control for an existing system that could be accessed via the internet?

might be what you are looking for?

http://www.smarthome.com/3054.html

thanks

Thank you Paul this is exactly the type of control I was looking for. Do you have any experience with this control? If so is it used friendly and dependable?

internet?

$300 for what?
    You can get 3 thermostats for that price.
    I wonder if you could explain what the internet does for you? I couldn't see anything compelling about it.

Carrier/Bryant equipment can be controlled via internet connection. Even better, the installing dealer and monitor your system and address any problems noted, sometimes even before you know there's a problem. This is cutting edge stuff and yes, you need their equipment to make it work. Sorry 'bout that.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

HVAC Savings estimator

I am looking for some sort of HVAC savings estimator or calculator.
    Currently a 1999 home approx 2650 sq feet in ga. 2- 2 ton units I believe are around 13 seer, furnace is running I think about 80% efficient.
    Want to change a downstairs unit to a Trane 16i heat pump with an xv80 furnace. I have come across
    http://www.hvacopcost.com/
    but am not having any luck with it since it doesnt want to give me good numbers from a furnace to a heat pump.

Quote Originally Posted by acbobburk View Post
    Thank you Paul this is exactly the type of control I was looking for. Do you have any experience with this control? If so is it used friendly and dependable?
    I have no experience at all with this control. smarthome is a fairly well known company and I have run across references to them several times in other building forums.

good luck!