Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Post Likes

    In-house analysis of heating/cooling performance

    Our home was built in 2000 (2 stories w/basement, in Chicago suburbs). But we have trouble keeping it warm (and in the summer, cool).

    Are there consultants or analysts that I can hire to come in and do testing on my house? I don't know if the problem is due to the ventilation system, insulation, etc. I'd like someone who truly can do some tests and make recommendations, not just a guy who sells and installs systems.

    We have the thermostat set to about 80, and rooms are still uncomfortably cool. I've had the unit checked and cleaned. It just seems that there isn't enough hot air blowing out of the vents.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    North Richland Hills, Texas
    Post Likes
    To find contractors in your area that have the training and equipment to do the testing you need, click the "Locate a CI contractor" link on this web page.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Post Likes
    You could also look at NCI's web at

    Sometimes it is not the HVAC equipment and a home energy analysis is worth
    having performed. Ckeck for energy raters and consultants.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.