British Columbia/LowerMainland(Vancouver) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You have mail.

I just finished my 1st year at JARTS a while back, it's a good school.

cousteau, I have replied your email.

Thanks.

I worked at Ashton mechanical in Richmond for the very beginning of my app. It was a few years ago but I think many of the same guys are around. They mainly do commercial a/c and I had a good experience there. I only left because I moved to the Interior........

Quote Originally Posted by mustardman View Post
    vanHVAC I did 8 yrs on the coast and moved to the okanagan last year. Tons of good companies to work for down there Penguin has listed a bunch and I will add a couple more

Direct Energy
    Haakon
    Heard good things about Executive air
    Also I think its called STD mech.

Bang on as many doors as you can and don't give up its worth it. Interesting challenging work always seems to be busy and the pay is not half bad either. I am a 516 member and I recommend getting your schooling at Jarts.
    STD mech LOL... yah there are a number of great and bad co's out here in Vancouver. Listen to Penguin - I've worked under him a few years back, a good guy.

Hello I am also looking for work and to start a apprenticeship in the lower main land/valley.

just wanted to know

I want to get into the wonderful world of hvac but the waiting list is to long at bcit. so im considering going to jarts pre employment program.my questions are is worth while to take,will employers hire someone with just pre employment. if anyone can help contact me thank you

No e-mail addresses allowed in posts. You may put it in your profile.

There are a lot of first years and greenies looking for work right now so doing everything you can to get a leg up on the competition is a good idea. Most companies that I am familiar with won't even consider someone who has no pre app course under their belt.

JARTS pre-employment is probably more worthwhile than anything you can take at BCIT. I have heard a lot of bad things about BCIT's refrig program. I'm finishing 3rd year right now at JARTS and it's a good school. They're also expanding the size of the school and building a big shop with rack system, etc. Contrary to popular belief, it's not a "union" school.

Like Penetr8or said...it's no guarantee because there are lots of guys looking right now, but it will definitely help. If you can get it done before summer you might have a shot getting on somewhere for the busy season.

Things are slow for us right now. Might have to start testing the waters to see what's out there for a 4th year apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by fv_tom View Post
    Things are slow for us right now. Might have to start testing the waters to see what's out there for a 4th year apprentice.
    Your a smart guy I'm sure you wont have any trouble

re: " its not a union school "

what kind of school is it?

its located behind the union hall.
    the busines manager of ua516 lists himself as the president and ceo
    of jarts.

if its not a union school then by all appearances it looks like its owned by the
    business manager

Quote Originally Posted by dalec View Post
    re: " its not a union school "

what kind of school is it?

its located behind the union hall.
    the busines manager of ua516 lists himself as the president and ceo
    of jarts.

if its not a union school then by all appearances it looks like its owned by the
    business manager
    The school is privately owned by the business manager of UA516.

There's no "union propaganda" or anything going on there. The instructors don't care whether you work for a union company or a non-union company. They just want you to have the best training possible. I've attended JARTS for the first 3 levels, and work for a non-union company.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast