Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Lightbulb British Columbia/LowerMainland(Vancouver)

Hey,

I am wondering how many of you are working in British Columbia or down here in the lower main land(METRO VANCOUVER
    no more GVRD).

If you are or have in the past, which companies have you worked for and or any information you can provide on who is good and or to avoid.

I am over here in Burnaby working for a small company that my friends dad owns learning as much as I can and loving it.

Anyhow, any union guys here from our UA local? Whats the school like is it better then BCIT?

So yeah B.C boys
    (and girls) lets talk :P

e me

anything posted about good/bad cos could lead to problems
    I'll state good only

Trane
    Honeywell
    Exectuive Air
    Hytec ( although its the unions bosses brother its a decent co to work at)
    Control Temp
    Fraser Valley is good if ya want lots hours (Non Union)

there are more I just can't recall

there are many average cos and more than a few bad co's
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

what trade are you in?

I started in Vancouver and moved to the interior in the 90's. Even back then you could spend a hour getting across the Port Man
    We are all here to learn!

ICS refrigeration... Worse turnover than McDonalds...and that's who they service too. Enough said. But they are "hiring the best".
    Is it fixed yet?

Does anyone know Which Transport Refrigeration Companies are good to work for?? Hi-Way, Thermoking etc???

What are the largest UA companies? largest non union?
    Is it fixed yet?

Hey,

I am in the lower mainland (Richmond) and am about to start the pre-employment at JARTS - then continue on from there to become an apprentice and continue my schooling. Also would love any information on which companies are a good place to start at, I have heard that after finishing the pre-employment program they will give you a list of good employers, but would be nice to hear from the field as well.

Cheers everyone!

I don't think by law they can give out a good list - they will likely give you a list of the hvac companies

kids I recomend door knocking - you might have to suck some crap during your apprenticeship but stick it till you get your papers - then you go looking

hey you might be my biatches you just never know

Hallmark is another good co
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Hey Penguin,

Sorry for bumping this old thread, but I was hoping I could contact you someway to ask some questions, if you are willing.

If you are, could you please email me at tolman33@hotmail.com

If not then thanks anyways, hopefully you see this message.

vanHVAC I did 8 yrs on the coast and moved to the okanagan last year. Tons of good companies to work for down there Penguin has listed a bunch and I will add a couple more

Direct Energy
    Haakon
    Heard good things about Executive air
    Also I think its called STD mech.

Bang on as many doors as you can and don't give up its worth it. Interesting challenging work always seems to be busy and the pay is not half bad either. I am a 516 member and I recommend getting your schooling at Jarts.

I'm up in Kamloops and things are steady here. We are looking for one more refrig/ gas fitter for res work.
    We are all here to learn!

How are things this time of year? I was hoping to get into the industrial side of the trade as I hear it is a bit more steady than the service sector I'm currently in, but not sure where to start or who to contact.

try local 516 job postings

If you had to choose to either work at Envirotech Mechanical or Haakon, which company would you guys choose and why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast