+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wire strippers

Post Likes
    Klein lineman pliers or knipex lineman pliers. Anything from those two brands you can't go wrong with

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac7734 View Post
    X2 idahoreferman. I've been using milwaukee strippers for a year now. Heavy duty, spring loaded,locking. Quality tool.
    heavy duty,
    I have those but they wont stay closed. The little safety latch doesnt really hold it shut. They just pop right open. I like them but i cant use them because of that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatstogey View Post
    I have those but they wont stay closed. The little safety latch doesnt really hold it shut. They just pop right open. I like them but i cant use them because of that.
    Same problem. They as nice otherwise. I complained to the Milwaukee rep about it when I saw him. I do not use them often because of the latch problem.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post
    Same problem. They as nice otherwise. I complained to the Milwaukee rep about it when I saw him. I do not use them often because of the latch problem.

Yea i just took mine out of my bag and went back to my kliens. I hope the remedy the latch though cause id like to buy another pair with a working latch.

Post Likes
    The problem with the Milwaukee one is you are paying as much as you would for Klein or Ideal for something made in China. I can kind of understand buying a China tool if it is a fraction of the cost, but when there are excellent choices for the same amount that are made in the US it's a no brainer.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_guy View Post
    Klein lineman pliers or knipex lineman pliers. Anything from those two brands you can't go wrong with

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    NWS makes some nice pliers too.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    wire stripper

Attachment 480411

Somebody has too much time on their hands...

Post Likes
    http://m.rack-a-tiers.com/product/32...Wire-Strippers

These are awesome. The only problem I had was the rubber coating on the handles slipping off when I first got them. A dab of crazy glue remedied that.

Been using them for 2 years now I much prefer them over my colleagues yellow handled kleins. Will definitely get another pair if/when these are done.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BALloyd View Post

The latch works pretty good on mine, maybe the fixed the problem? I've only had them a couple of months.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wiens80 View Post
    The problem with the Milwaukee one is you are paying as much as you would for Klein or Ideal for something made in China. I can kind of understand buying a China tool if it is a fraction of the cost, but when there are excellent choices for the same amount that are made in the US it's a no brainer.

China makes what you order. You act like only ****ty things come from china. NO american business men only ORDER crappy things.

They are much better than Klein or Ideal..........................except that it doesnt latch right. lol But its a design flaw. As the other guy said i hope its fixed by now. Im gonna check tomorrow. If they have a different latch on there i will buy it. Much better than my kleins. Well as far as being able to use them as needle nose pliers too but i mean i wouldnt wrench on em too hard since they are still my strippers. But theres more metal to them.

Post Likes
    Yes I have to agree that Milwaukee has mostly good stuff. Too bad they weren't still made in Milwaukee. I just don't want to spend money that is going to help people in China when the need here is so great. You are right no American business men would buy crappy stuff. That is unless they could make money off of it. How many parts have you replaced that were made in China? I remember years ago that everything from Japan was junk, not so any more.
    China makes what you order. You act like only ****ty things come from china. NO american business men only ORDER crappy things.

They are much better than Klein or Ideal..........................except that it doesnt latch right. lol But its a design flaw. As the other guy said i hope its fixed by now. Im gonna check tomorrow. If they have a different latch on there i will buy it. Much better than my kleins. Well as far as being able to use them as needle nose pliers too but i mean i wouldnt wrench on em too hard since they are still my strippers. But theres more metal to them.

Post Likes

China actually doesn't make what I order... North American made tools whenever possible. I've also never ordered a pair of wire strippers that have a crappy locking mechanism that also double as a weak pair of needle nose. It's like they answered a question no one asked.

If you are willing to pay as much for something that cost a fraction to build and line some businessman's pocket go for it. With that attitude outsourcing will continue until there really isn't any North American options.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I use the blue handle Klein strippers and like them. http://controlscentral.com/eCatalog/...FVFp7AodaFkAkQ
    Old thread but i got a pair of these in the mail today. They are amazing got them for $18 on amazon.

Post Likes
    just bought a Klein needlenose with strippers. Haven't used them yet but they look almost as good as the Ideal.

15. Likes kamersoutdoor liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    just bought a Klein needlenose with strippers. Haven't used them yet but they look almost as good as the Ideal.
    I've had the klein's for awhile now. They're awesome except on low voltage, still have to keep an extra in the bag
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KingGordy313 View Post
    Old thread but i got a pair of these in the mail today. They are amazing got them for $18 on amazon.
    I've bought a pair of those and a set of the Channel lock 957's. While the Klein's are nice, the CL's I found to be superior in every way. (Comfort/ergonomics, stripping and cutting quality, size)

Post Likes
    behold I have found the perfect wire strippers combo crimper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Likes kamersoutdoor liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Idahoreferman View Post
    behold I have found the perfect wire strippers combo crimper

I don't have the J2078CR (crimper) version, but may have them in my bag if you can tell me how it does on 18 solid....please!
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

Post Likes
    I stripped some stat wire the other day and they worked fine. The crimper works extremely well. They also fit in my diagnostic pouch very well.

Post Likes
    I really need to try mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idahoreferman View Post
    I stripped some stat wire the other day and they worked fine. The crimper works extremely well. They also fit in my diagnostic pouch very well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in