Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New system installation -what should a home owner watch for?

The time has come --We have made our choice and we are bitting the bullet and getting a replacement for our 20-25 year old system-- an infinity carrier gas furnace, infinity A/C and new coil installed in my 1930s home in Washington dc. We are also getting a 10 year parts and labor extended warranty based on the advice of you all on this wonderful board, With regard to the installation process, is there anything you would suggest that I keep an eye out for or ask/demand be done during the the installation----certain tests and procedures etc. The furnace's exhaust will be run up the flue that is currently used for the old system-- we have an electric water heater and the use of the old flue seems to be the best way to exhaust the furnace. Any tips for a concerned home owner about what to watch for during the installation would be greatly appreciated. I otherwise intend to get out of the installers way and let them do their jobs. Thanks Ron

It is of my opinion that seeing as you have chosen a dealer to do your work, means that you trust in him, obviously you know what you are getting and for how much as you have signed a contract, the time for adding or demanding things is past.

Stand back and let them do their work,you will not accomplish much standing over their shoulder, except to aggravate them.

Good luck with your new system.

Not quite a done deal

Have not signed the contract yet . waiting for it in the mail. but trust the contractor--has been in business since 1956 and installs a lot of infinity systems-

Sounds good to me, why not post the model #'s of your new equipment and then I am sure the guy's here will give you things to look for.

I will post numbers when i get them.

Thanks i will post model numbers when i get a copy of the contract--by the way what do you think is a fair payment schedule at commencement . I plan to hold some funds back for 10 days until i know all is well. Is that usually a problem thanks again

I am surprised your dealer did not discuss this with you, we are all different in what we require for payment, I for example on the completion of a half or one day system changeout require payment in full, it all depends on the size of the job if I require an initial down payment.

Without a doubt your payment schedule will be outlined on your contract, they may require a deposit along with your signed contract.

Again I am very surprised that you did not have this discussion with your dealer, it is usually the second question I get asked, the first is usually "how long will it take"

I am sure the contract will have a payment schedule

Thank you for your response. I am sure that the contract Will have a payment schedule in it --then the discussion well be held. They seem to pretty laid back about payment, however. which i take as a good sign in that they are a successful dealer

Ron, I live in the same area (Montgomery County, MD) and am curious which contractor you went with. Likely I've heard of the company as I'm familiar with quite a few out there. My email is in my profile if you don't want to post it publicly. Thanks.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Croop-Metcalf ,good choice,IMHO>Yes or NO

Cropp-Metcalfe is a good company. I've done business with them before - professional service. Is this who you went with Ron? Yes, I believe they that they do deal with a lot of Carrier installations. They also have Trane and Ruud products as far as I know.

HERE ARE THE EQUIPMENT MODEL NUMBERS

Furnace: 58MVB 100-20
    Condensing unit: 24ana748--four ton
    COIL: CNPVP48
    INFINITY CONTROL: SYSTXCCUIDO1-A

All new supply line etc. Any comments would be appreciated House is located in washington dc, and built in the 1930 with little insulation other than storm windows and blown in insulation in the attic. The house has a basement and two living levels and an attic which is not used and is closed off. It appoximately 2800 feet of living space combined. Thanks for your cooments
    Last edited by ron3637; 11-06-2007 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Croop-Metcalf ,good choice,IMHO>Yes or NO
    Yes

I posted the model numbers. any comments appreciated thanks ron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast