Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Several vendors charge for compressors & HX's. Our biggest Goodman supplier is the only one who charges something, $10-20, for any warranty on a product they didn't sell. Hey, we now have 4 outlets selling Goodman in our market and a 2 or 3 that sold in the past and beat it. Plus we have units coming in from out of the market not counting the oodles of Goodman on the net. I don't blame them.

On a dealer level, I'll warranty anything. Customer pays labor and a little something for my time writing up the claim. Can't afford to turn away biz in this competitive market.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
    I would expect that the warranty company would pay you for the labor and expenses involved in doing the repair. Furthermore, I would expect that any dealer/distributor would provide warranty parts (to an installer) without charge.

Basically, whoever provides the warranty should be ensuring that the people downstream (installers, distributors, dealers, etc) be compensated at a reasonable rate for their efforts in supporting the warrantee.

I have a Ford. I have a Ford Warranty. I take it to any Ford Dealer and expect them to deal with it without charging me extra. And I expect that they should make a profit on working on my vehicle.

I also now have a Goodman warranty. It doesn't say anything about "Keil-Forness" (my installer). I would expect to be able to call any Goodman/Amana dealer and not worry about any charge. Otherwise, the warranty is worthless and I should have just bought it on the internet.

If you aren't going to fully honor a warranty, then don't ever include it as a selling point when visiting potential customers.

<rant off>
    We're talking about part warranties from the factory, not factory or third party part and labor warranties.

Read your Goodman warranty, does it say anything about paying labor. Does it say anything about paying shipping. Or does it have the words LIMITED WARRANTY.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

If I install your furnace, I'll warranty the parts. Don't expect someone to come out and warranty the parts for free if they didn't install it.
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    We're talking about part warranties from the factory, not factory or third party part and labor warranties.

Read your Goodman warranty, does it say anything about paying labor. Does it say anything about paying shipping. Or does it have the words LIMITED WARRANTY.
    Say's 'em all. It's a parts and labor warranty. I would expect that the "parts" part would include getting the part to my dealer. Then again, maybe I'm too used to my auto warrantee...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waterloo View Post
    Say's 'em all. It's a parts and labor warranty. I would expect that the "parts" part would include getting the part to my dealer. Then again, maybe I'm too used to my auto warrantee...

Thanks
    Goodman labor warranty:

"Extended Service Plans

With a GoodCare Extended Service Agreement, you’ll have your choice of 5-years, 10-years, or even up to 99-years of worry-free comfort without the unexpected cost of replacement parts or labor expenses should your Goodman equipment require service. If a repair is needed, an Authorized GoodCare Dealer will respond promptly and make repairs with quality Goodman parts.

GoodCare coverage is affordable, costing only pennies a day. It’s a valuable investment that protects you today and in the future, no matter how much the cost of service may increase over the life of your Goodman brand equipment. With a GoodCare extended service plan, your comfort is in the guarantee.

When it comes to worry-free warranties, Goodman Manufacturing stands behind its products equal to any other brand in the indoor comfort industry."

It cost more for Labor warranty.

If its a parts and labor warranty, then you paided for an extended warranty.
    That is a different warranty then the standard part only warranty.

You can't compare two different types and say they should both include the same things.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12