Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Reading a Goodman serial #

Can someone give me a link to a page that shows a breakdown of Goodman furnace serial #'s.
    The Difference between Genuis and Stupidity is Genuis has it's limitations.
    Chicago Furnace Repair

Page 2 here gives an explanation of model numbers on Goodman furnaces: http://www.goodmanmfg.com/Portals/0/pdf/SS-GMV95.pdf

First 2 digits are year made, next 2 are month.

Thanks. Returned a defective draft inducer motor to a authorized Goodman dealer (JS) and they told me I had to pay a 25% handling fee. Anyone ever encounter this type of BS?
    The Difference between Genuis and Stupidity is Genuis has it's limitations.
    Chicago Furnace Repair

Yes, sometimes if they didn't sell the furnace to you, they might want that fee. Or it could be as simple as "they just don't like you"............
    Have you hugged the Earth today?
    Donny Baker rules

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Quote Originally Posted by cfcitywide View Post
    Thanks. Returned a defective draft inducer motor to a authorized Goodman dealer (JS) and they told me I had to pay a 25% handling fee. Anyone ever encounter this type of BS?
    Standard for Gooman!!!lol

Yep. If they didn't sell the furnace.
    They charge for the processing.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

according to the post it wasnt goodman who charged the fee it was the distributor(JS).

One of our local goodman distributors also charges fees for under warrentee stuff. $75 for a compressor, less for other stuff. What a rip off.

why is it b/s?
    do you warranty work done by other companies?
    we dont, if we didnt install the unit they get no breaks from us... if we do honer the part warranty we will deduct wholesale price from the flat rate book then add in fees for paperwork, and any additional travel time

the distributors are not factory owned around here (and even if they were) why should they do the paperwork and give away their parts for free? or reduced cost when they didnt sell the unit

now there is one place here that wont even look at a warranty if they didnt sell the equipment

i do the warrenty paperwork and parts exchanges on several equipment manufactuers. plus my driver then either takess the parts to the distributor or they are sent ups. are my time and expenses not reimbursable on equipment i didnt sell? i agree wholeheartdly with the charge.

I would expect that the warranty company would pay you for the labor and expenses involved in doing the repair. Furthermore, I would expect that any dealer/distributor would provide warranty parts (to an installer) without charge.

Basically, whoever provides the warranty should be ensuring that the people downstream (installers, distributors, dealers, etc) be compensated at a reasonable rate for their efforts in supporting the warrantee.

I have a Ford. I have a Ford Warranty. I take it to any Ford Dealer and expect them to deal with it without charging me extra. And I expect that they should make a profit on working on my vehicle.

I also now have a Goodman warranty. It doesn't say anything about "Keil-Forness" (my installer). I would expect to be able to call any Goodman/Amana dealer and not worry about any charge. Otherwise, the warranty is worthless and I should have just bought it on the internet.

If you aren't going to fully honor a warranty, then don't ever include it as a selling point when visiting potential customers.

<rant off>

I will clarify my post a little also. we do warrenty all parts on equipment brands we sell at no cost. should we? depends on who it is and why it was defective in the first place. it doesnt cost anyone extra but i dont disagree with the charge. afterall the contractor who goes back on your install to replace warrentied parts is gonna make a little

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast