Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Personally I like when it's light out later at night. Especially useful for service guys, like many of us that have to work late. The reason I've heard that they don't keep it that way year round is it is too dark in the morning when kids go to School. Never heard about it being a political thing.
    I like it too. I like having more daylight to work in. Evidently the farmers don't like it but I wouldn't expect everyone to like it. If it was enacted by a Republican president, the same ones who gripe about it being political would think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I like it too. I like having more daylight to work in. Evidently the farmers don't like it but I wouldn't expect everyone to like it. If it was enacted by a Republican president, the same ones who gripe about it being political would think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    It is wrong. I care less who enacted it.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Good post Tool. I''ve always hated it since it was shoved down our throats by the commie loving liberals back In the early 70's. Thank you very much
    What really bothered me was when that commie loving Ronald Reagan extended daylight savings time in 1986.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    An engineer designs what he would never work on.
    A technician works on what he would never design.

I like when it's light at 8:30pm---9:00 pm, The sunsets are better, the Capt'n Moran is sweeter and the cigars are just better.

although skeet is a little harder to hit when it gets dark, but shooting from the deck is always a challenge anyway. One time yelled *PULL* I spilled my Capt'n Coke, fell off my chair and just missed putting a hole in the ceiling of the deck, then nearly died because I was laughing so hard I almost stopped breathing

I like when it's light out at 9:00pm
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

I did think we had been using dst since before the "70's" then I google searched it and found out you were mostly right,,,,,,, and I really resent your calling me a liberal since I'm as conservative as you are
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Trying to spin your way out of your ignorant misleading post huh sys. You are not that ignorant.

Everyone knows we were talking about the current "national DST" and not a local or state DST or some past DST and so did you so don't play stupid here.

And the national DST did begin when I said so within at least a year or so and in exactly the way I said it did. That's the truth an you can't prove one thing wrong. Truth is never your friend.

I believe David may have actually thought it may have came earlier but you are just trying to spin a falsehood like your buddy geer but not smart enough. Your a typical liberal. Thank you, thank you very much

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123