TempStar and Carrier

I live in Nebraska and have a 1900 square foot stone-built home with a 20-year-old Carrier gas furnace and air conditioner. I'm considering replacing them. The Carrier representative visited me and gave me several options (heat pump and Infinity 96, two-stage furnace and ac, variable furnace and ac, etc.). I also called an independent contractor, who told me he carries TempStar, which he said is manufactured by Carrier. I don't think this is true, is it? From what I can find on the Internet, TempStar seems to be made by ICP and Carrier is a United Technologies product. Are they actually manufactured by the same manufacturer? Are TempStars as good as Carriers? Or should I call the Lennox representative and ask him for a quote, too? Thanks for your help!

ICP and Carrier are both owned by United Technologies. Same plants, different product residentially.

Tempstar is a great line in their premium stuff, which is true of Carrier as well. Only thing it won't have is the fancy Infinity control that Carrier has.

So Tempstar has the tin-clad coil and everything else the Infinity has, except the Infinity control? Is this a better brand for me to buy than, say, Trane or Lennox?

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    "tin clad coil",wish choice,I'd look at all the other features and benefits of various brands and decide what is important to you.

Infinity is a great system,so are others.

The design,install and service after the sale,all comes from the contractor not the brand,so chose your contractor carefully.

loonie is right they are made by the same people. I tell you ive put in both, price is better for the Tempstar and my percentage of callbacks (services) is lower with tempstar.most of the parts in tempstar have carrier on them!

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Not disputing your experience, but does that make any sense,equal might ,but Tempstar superior??

Tempstar, Comfortmaker, Heil, Arcoaire.........all the same stuff....probably less callbacks due to fewer bells and whistles than on the Carrier stuff. The Carrier relationship is relatively new, within the last ten years or so, IIRC. Carrier used to be more associated with Payne, Day & Night, and BDP.

I use the United Technologies angle with customers, analogizing UT to GM and Carrier to Cadillac, and Heil/Comfortmaker (both of which I sell) to Chevy and Pontiac. There is a Heil and a Comfortmaker distributor (Baker and Morrison) here where I live, so I have great access to warranty/repair parts, some of which will work on Carrier equipment, especially air handlers.