Can a whole house fan and a HP coexist?

Can a whole house fan and a HP coexist?

We live in Colorado. For the last 15 years, we have used a swamp cooler and whole house fan to cool the house in the summer and a furnace for the winter. During winter, I take down the swamp cooler and put a barrier as well as an insulated box inside the attic to keep the heated air from escaping into the attic.

We are now installing a duel fuel system. My plan is to continue to put up the barrier and box up in the winter, but I'm not sure what to do in the spring, fall and summer nights. Because Colorado is so nice at those times, I'm wondering if their is a way for a whole house fan to coexist with the HP in cooling mode.

The system I use in the winter is semi permanent, meaning it takes a while to setup and take down each year. I'm looking for quick and easy to put up or take down something to keep the cool air inside from escaping or the heat from the attic from leaking into the living space.

Is there a product that anyone is aware of that can help? Is it really a problem to not try to insulate in the summer? Know that heat rises and cool air sinks, it there a big loose of air in the summer? I know it matter quite a bite in the winter.
    Thanks,

Mark

is the whole house fan mounted in the gable end of the house or the hallway?

In the hallway at the top of the stairs.
    Thanks,

Mark

So this is what you want to seal?

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    So this is what you want to seal?
    Yes. I currently have a standard gravity based shutter now, but it is very leaky. I would also like for it to have insulating properties to prevent the heat from coming down from the attic space.
    Thanks,

Mark