gas pipe flex to code??

Question about gas pipe to code

Locally We are getting finally into code inspections and permits and local inspectors are not very experienced.

Is it code violation to use gas flex?

Some new installs I see hard pipe in furnace and flex line outside the furnace over to the gas cock and drip leg.

Personally I would rather use all hard pipe due to having seen lightning strike or grounded compressor blow up flex line.

We can use flex here just not straight to the G.V. Has to be hard pipe from valve to outside cabinent.

a lennox pulse type furnace requires a flex connector because of vibration,we have a product called gastite which seems similar in design and have had no issues with inspectors up here in Canada i don't know U.S.regulations at all but i do know ours are very strict

Confused clarification

Are you referring to Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing ( CSST) such as Gastite, Trac Pipe, etc. or are you refering to a Flexible appliance connector?

Quote Originally Posted by able/ac guy View Post
    Some new installs I see hard pipe in furnace and flex line outside the furnace over to the gas cock and drip leg.
    It sounds like what you’ve seen is to code provided it’s a listed appliance connector and doesn’t exceed 6 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by able/ac guy View Post
    personally I would rather use all hard pipe due to having seen lightning strike or grounded compressor blow up flex line.
    Are you sure this was a gas flex line that you saw blow up? Or was it a flex line on a compressor, just curious?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post

Are you sure this was a gas flex line that you saw blow up? Or was it a flex line on a compressor, just curious?
    There have been several cases where holes have been blown in the csst tubing by lightning. Several states have changed their codes as to the proper installation of this product, including requiring ground wires.
    My own take on the matter is that unless there is no way around it, I will not use csst. When the time comes that I have to use it again, I'm going to check out some of the new types that have a grounded coating covering their full length.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do.".... Jerry Garcia
    "You just have to decide if you're a Tigger or an Eeyore,..I think you know where I stand on the great Tigger/Eeyore debate." Prof. Randy Pausch