ramsond quick connect fittings

Hello all,
    First post here so go easy on me! I had my hvac guy install a ramsond split a/c system that came precharged. I think he installed it correctly becuase it is "low on pressure" as he puts it. Is that possible that it would come incorrectly charged from the factory? Should it be able to just be hooked up with the quick connect fittings and pressurized via the release valve that is on the brochure? Just trying to figure out if I'm getting taken for some extra cash.

Thanks in advance!

I have no experience with these particular units, but a pre-charge does not necessarily mean a full charge, it is quite possible it is low on gas, so you will have to trust in your tech.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel65 View Post
    I have no experience with these particular units, but a pre-charge does not necessarily mean a full charge, it is quite possible it is low on gas, so you will have to trust in your tech.
    i will call to find out if they come pre or full charged. if its full charged then i assume, yes i know what assuming means, that it should be able to use the release valve and thats it?

1. PRECHARGED WITH R410A

ALL RAMSOND MINI SPLIT SYSTEMS ARE PRECHARGED WITH R410 REFRIGERANT. THERE IS NO NEED TO ADD REFRIGERANT.

This comes from Ramsonds website.

Quote Originally Posted by acline View Post
    1. PRECHARGED WITH R410A

ALL RAMSOND MINI SPLIT SYSTEMS ARE PRECHARGED WITH R410 REFRIGERANT. THERE IS NO NEED TO ADD REFRIGERANT.

This comes from Ramsonds website.
    not sure about the Ramsonds but most split systems come precharged for 15' lineset.If lineset is longer the charge needs to be adjusted. Also there should be no charge from your installer as your new system should be operating correctly before he leaves.Thats what you paid for. If installation is not done correctly thats on his dime.