Type of Humidifer on a Down Flow

What are my humidifer options for this type of downflow setup i can only access the Cold air Side. Would a TrueSTEAM be good for this?

I didnt know you could use copper piping like that on a gas line. Thats a new one to me!

what is your ductwork made of???

Sheet Metal

hard to tell with out actually being there but there may be enough room to mount a small bypass down on the coil box. that is a V coil so it may be possible.

getting that blower out looks like it would be a real PITA with that gas pipe in the way..........

There is a door in front of it that swings towards it so i dont know if there would be much room. What about the new truesteams do they need to be on the warm air side? So if i have enough room to mount at the coil the hole would be as close to the floor as possible if its shaped as a V and not a A correct. Would i even want a bypass or flow through style that can leak down in to my furnace?

have never seen a steam humidifier so i can't comment on that.

if there is room to mount a small bypass down on the coil cabinet it can't run water down through the heater.

Ok so it looks like i have room to mount the bypass duct on the V Coil So i guess i can go with any type of Humidifer?

How many square foot is your house? You could mount a Aprilaire 700 or other brand power humidifier on the return. Make sure they hook it up to hot water. General also makes a mist humidifier that just takes a small hole in the duct and has no drain. Used one once in a pinch and the homeowner loved it.
    Its a good Life!

1700Sq ft i was looking at the powered but they have to be on the supply side. I was looking at theDesert springs (i think there may be a cleaence issuewith the drums) and the aprilair 600 is this a good unit or should i go with the 500. Its a brand new home.

Aprilaire says a 700 can be on the return side but must be hooked up with hot water. The 600 is a good unit and is totally automatic and needs a outdoor sensor. The 500 you would need to manually adjust.
    Its a good Life!