Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Question Where to find small fan powered humidifier?

    I want to add a whole house humidifier to my system, but have limited space. My furnace shares a closet with a water heater and the resulting gas pipes, ducts, exhaust vents, etc dont leave much room.

    There is no room to route a bypass duct so that type is out. I looked at the Aprilair and Honeywell fan powered units, but my plenum is just a bit too small for either of these. I found that Carrier makes a small humidifier, but can't find anyplace that sells them outright.

    Does anyone here know of a decent smaller sized fan powered humidifier?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    SE Michigan
    Screw all that, go with a steam humidifier. No bypass needed and there small in size. You just need your local mechanical contractor to install it for you.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

  3. #3
    A good thought, but I dont think steam is for me. The type in your link seems to be under mount which means I would only get humidification to one part of the house (the trunk I have access to).

    Anyone else know of a small powered humidifier or know where the Carrier version can be purchased?


  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Bryant and Carrier SFP can be purchased by a licensed contractor from a Bryant or Carrier wholesaler.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event