Confused Exhaust/intake out of house only 2 inches apart

I had a Rheem rgrk 75,000 furnace installed in
    May, The exhaust sounds really loud when standing outside. I looked in the installation manual and it does not look like the pipes are far enough apart and that they terminate at 2 in diameter not 1 1/2 as stated for 45-75, 000 btu furnaces. So far it appears to be working fine adn heating the house be it has only gone down to 35 degrees for a few nights. Any problems long term combustion
    (re uptake) or am I just worrying to much. nothin gover head of the pipes adn they are 7 feet off the ground

t.y

The size of PVC pipe used to vent also depends on the length of run and 90's in line not just size of furnace. That maybe why it calls for 1 1/2 and it is 2.

Thanks for the reply

We run them side by side. Intake points down, vent points straight out. Yes, it does transmit some inducer noise. That happens with any brand. We usually do drop 3" to 2" on the big ones but don't drop 2" to 1.5" on the small ones. Actually on the side of the house, we would use a concentric or a plastic vent kit that Trane, Nordyne & others sell. Looks like a little UFO!

Bald, when you're running them side by side, how much space is between them, and are they the same distance from the house?

I'm wondering if there is concern about the intake sucking up the exhaust?

I have seen some applications where the intake is 90 elbowed down, and exhaust is elbowed up with a 6" straight run then elbowed out. It seems the reasoning behind this is to get some vertical distance from the intake and exhaust. Is this best practices?

just wondering what your thougths were.

Heat rises. Blow the exhaust out, it rises up or is blown away. Sucking with an elbow pointed down also helps prevent recirculation. They terminate about same distance from house. Very close. I see no need to elbow the vent up.

very good sir.