Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 14

Thread: Grilled shrimp

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    525

    Grilled shrimp

    Grilled some shrimp Fri night that was as good as I've ever had.
    Sorry I don't have a recipe, I just threw some stuff together.
    Started with some sorghum/molasses and soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic, apple cider vinegar, fresh black pepper, red onion and some cajun seasoning. Just kept adjusting until I got a sweet and tangy sauce with a little bit of a kick from the cajun. Marinated the shrimp for about an hour and skewered and grilled about 2-3 min per side. Made a dipping sauce using the same ingredients as above, except added a little honey and green onion(instead of red onion) and cooked it about 10 min on the stove to let it reduce. My daughter and her boyfriend each ate about 15-20 shrimp each.
    The vinegar really makes a difference, kind of brings all the flavors together.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hot Springs, AR
    Posts
    1,043
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback View Post
    Grilled some shrimp Fri night that was as good as I've ever had.
    Sorry I don't have a recipe, I just threw some stuff together.
    Started with some sorghum/molasses and soy sauce, fresh ginger and garlic, apple cider vinegar, fresh black pepper, red onion and some cajun seasoning. Just kept adjusting until I got a sweet and tangy sauce with a little bit of a kick from the cajun. Marinated the shrimp for about an hour and skewered and grilled about 2-3 min per side. Made a dipping sauce using the same ingredients as above, except added a little honey and green onion(instead of red onion) and cooked it about 10 min on the stove to let it reduce. My daughter and her boyfriend each ate about 15-20 shrimp each.
    The vinegar really makes a difference, kind of brings all the flavors together.
    But he doesn't have a recipe.

    Just messin with Ja Man!
    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." -- Mark Twain

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    At work
    Posts
    2,441
    Recipe schmecipe, I'm pickin up what you're puttin' down razor. Sounds good. I rarely cook using a recipe when cooking meat of any kind. It always turns out good when you balance salty, sweet, sour and spicy. Swell, you got the food network?
    Luke 6:31

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ft.Worth,Tx
    Posts
    4,581

    Thumbs up A few shrimp recipes

    http://southernfood.about.com/od/shr...p_and_More.htm

    Spicy Shrimp With Rice - Spicy Shrimp Recipe With Rice
    Shrimp is cooked with seasonings, rice, Tabasco, onion, and green bell pepper. A shrimp and rice recipe, or jambalaya.
    Shrimp Curry With Bananas - Shrimp Curry Recipe
    Shrimp curry recipe with bananas and a homemade curry sauce, served with rice.
    Gulf Shrimp With Garlic - Shrimp Recipe With Lemon and Garlic
    A flavorful Gulf Shrimp recipe with butter, garlic, lemon, and almonds, along with seasonings and vermouth or chicken broth.
    Microwave Shrimp Barbecue Recipe - Barbecued Shrimp
    Shrimp Creole Recipe - Shrimp With Tomato Sauce
    Shrimp Creole with shrimp, tomatoes, rice, and other ingredients.
    Asparagus Recipe - Shrimp and Asparagus with Spaghetti
    This asparagus recipe is for spaghetti and shrimp and asparagus with garlic and a lemon and chicken broth sauce.
    Shrimp and Linguine Bake - Shrimp and Pasta Recipe
    A recipe using shrimp and pasta - A tasty shrimp and linguine bake. Shrimp and pasta recipe with garlic, peas, cheese, and tomatoes.
    Recipe Fruit and Seafood Kabobs - Doc's Fruit Shrimp Kabobs
    A recipe using shrimp - Doc's Fruity Seafood Kabobs. Other ingredients include shrimp, shark, sea scallops, and assorted fruits.
    Don's Spicy Orange Grilled Shrimp Recipe
    A recipe using shrimp, for the grill - Don's Spicy-Orange Grilled Shrimp Recipe.
    Doc's Cheddar Shrimp Sandwich Recipe - Shrimp Sandwich With Cheese
    Doc's shrimp sandwich on pumpernickel bread, with cheese. "A recipe using shrimp - cheddar cheese and shrimp sandwich from Dr. Donald Houston.
    Shrimp Spread Recipe - Shrimp With Cream Cheese
    Shrimp spread recipe with cream cheese and olives, along with mayonnaise and seasonings. Shrimp spread appetizer recipe.
    Curried Peanut Shrimp with Pasta Recipe
    A recipe using shrimp - curried peanut shrimp over pasta. Shrimp recipe with pasta and an Asian style sauce, from Stephanie.
    Shrimp Recipe - Shrimp With Wine Sauce for Pasta
    A recipe using shrimp - a recipe for shrimp pasta topping from Dee Elle. Scroll down to see more shrimp recipes.
    This shrimp recipe was shared on our forum. A shrimp recipe.
    Shrimp Recipe - Fried Shrimp Recipe with Egg and Cornmeal Batter
    In this shrimp recipe, large shrimp are battered with a mixture of egg, milk, cornmeal and flour then deep fried in oil. Southern fried shrimp recipe.
    Shrimp Newburg Recipe - Shrimp Newburg
    Recipes for shrimp, a delicious and creamy shrimp newburg.
    Shrimp Creole - Shrimp Creole Recipe
    Recipes for shrimp, a shrimp creole with green pepper, tomatoes, celery and onions.
    Shrimp Pilau - Shrimp Recipes and Rice Recipes
    Recipe for a shrimp pilau with curry spices, ginger, green onions, garlic, chile pepper and cumin.
    Shrimp Scampi Recipe with Garlic - Shrimp Recipes

    Skewered Shrimp Recipe to Grill or Broil -Grilled Shrimp Recipe
    Shrimp is skewered and broiled or grilled. Ingredients include shrimp, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and a wine and soy sauce marinade.
    Shrimp with Parsley Butter and Lemon
    Shrimp is cooked with butter and lemon juice and shrimp. An easy shrimp recipe with parsley and butter.
    Shrimp Casserole Recipe with Rice
    Shrimp casserole with rice, green onion, garlic, and clam juice. A tasty shrimp casserole with rice.
    Shrimp Recipe with Spinach and Feta Cheese
    Shrimp recipe with spinach and feta cheese, along with oregano, lemon juice, and other seasonings. Shrimp with spinach and feta cheese.
    Fried Shrimp Recipe - Recipe for Fried Shrimp
    Fried shrimp recipe with egg batter and cornmeal or bread crumbs. A recipe for deep fried shrimp.
    Shrimp Recipe - Recipe for Shrimp with Olives
    Shrimp recipe with olives and green onion, baked with bread crumbs. A deviled shrimp recipe.
    Cocktail Sauce Recipe - Recipe for Cocktail Sauce for Shrimp or Seafood
    This cocktail sauce recipe is the perfect accompaniment to cooked shrimp. Serve cocktail sauce with shrimp or fried seafood.
    Shrimp Recipe - Recipe Sherry Shrimp with Butter and Parsley
    Shrimp recipe with sherry and lemon juice and butter. A sherried shrimp recipe cooked under the broiler or try grilling this shrimp
    Baked Shrimp Recipe - Shrimp with Butter and Parmesan Cheese
    Baked shrimp with butter and Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Shrimp recipe is baked with butter, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and sherry.
    Coconut Shrimp Recipe - Coconut Shrimp with Curry and Coconut
    Coconut shrimp recipe. This is coconut shrimp with a little curry powder, fried.
    Pickled Shrimp Recipe - Pickled Shrimp with Lime Juice and Vinegar
    Pickled shrimp. This pickled shrimp recipe is an appetizer made with shrimps, dillweed, vinegar and lime juice.
    Grilled Shrimp Recipe - Recipe for Shrimp with Garlic Butter
    Grilled shrimp recipe with garlic. Serve this grilled shrimp with garlic butter recipe.
    Shrimp Recipe - Recipe for Saute Shrimp with Garlic and Cream
    This shrimp is sauteed with butter and garlic then simmered in a cream and sherry sauce. Serve garlic and cream shrimp over rice or toast.
    Sesame Shrimp Recipe Grilled - Recipe for Sesame Shrimp in Bourbon Marinade
    Grilled or broiled sesame shrimp recipe. Shrimp are marinated in a mixture of bourbon and sesame oil and soy sauce then rolled in sesame seeds and grilled
    Shrimp scampi recipe with butter and garlic and parsley and shrimp. Shrimp scampi.
    Shrimp Recipe with Peas and Rice - Recipe Shrimp Green Peas and Rice
    Shrimp with green peas and rice, along with green onions, ginger, soy sauce, and garlic. Shrimp with green peas and rice recipe.
    Shrimp Recipe - Recipe Shrimp Curry and Rice
    Shrimp recipe with curry powder and rice and pineapple. A shrimp curry recipe with pineapple and lemon juice, rice, and garlic.
    Favorite Shrimp Recipes - Fifteen Great Shrimp Recipes
    Shrimp recipes - more than a dozen of the best shrimp recipes. Here are the most popular shrimp recipes on this site, including Shrimp Scampi, shrimp salad recipes, grilled shrimp, jambalaya, and more.
    Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
    Shrimp is wrapped in bacon then broiled - a delicious appetizer.
    BBQ Shrimp with Ponzu Sauce
    BBQ Shrimp
    Shrimp in the shell, baked in a rich butter sauce.
    Beaufort Stew
    A South Carolina shrimp and sausage boil.
    Bourbon Sesame Shrimp
    Shrimp is marinated with bourbon, sesame oil and soy sauce, then rolled in sesame seeds and grilled.
    Cajun Shrimp
    A tomato-based pasta sauce.
    Creole Pizza
    Okra and shrimp pizza with a Bisquick crust.
    Don's Spicy-Orange Grilled Shrimp
    Doc Donald says this marinade can also be used for crawfish.
    Dooley's Bulldog Shrimp and Green Noodles
    A rich casserole with shrimp, noodles and cheese, from a Georgia cookbook.
    Easy Shrimp Sauté
    Ingredients include garlic, butter, shrimp, cream, and a little wine or sherry.
    Fried Shrimp
    Fried shrimp with cornmeal or bread crumb coating. Deep-fried shrimp.
    Garlic Shrimp
    An easy and delicious skillet combination.
    Grilled Shrimp and Mango Salad
    Spicy and exotic.
    Grilled Shrimp
    Marinated and grilled jumbo shrimp.
    Gulf Shrimp Divine
    Shrimp with lemon juice, butter, garlic, almonds and vermouth.
    Hampton Plantation Shrimp Pilau
    A classic combination of shrimp and rice.
    La Peche Shrimp
    Shrimp in a garlic-laden sherry butter sauce.
    Linda's Barbecued Shrimp
    Shrimp baked in a rich, seasoned sauce.
    Shrimp stew with minced clams, okra, tomatoes, and seasonings.
    Shrimp with Garlic Butter
    Delicious grilled shrimp with a garlic butter for dipping.
    Shrimp with Green Peas
    Shrimp with green onions, garlic, ginger, peas, soy sauce, and other seasonings. Serve this shrimp with hot cooked rice.
    Shrimp with Pasta
    Shrimp with a creamy basil and Parmesan sauce, tossed with angel hair pasta.
    Shrimp with Peppers
    Serve this easy skillet combination with hot rice.
    Shrimp with Spinach and Alfredo Sauce
    A delicious rice or pasta-topper.
    Shrimp with Spinach and Feta Cheese
    Shrimp is cooked with spinach and feta cheese, along with lemon juice and oregano.
    Shrimp, Crab and Lobster Succotash
    Corn, lima beans and seafood - shared by Dr. Donald Houston.
    Spiced Shrimp Pilau
    Delicious combination, shared by John Tharpe.
    Swamp Mull
    "Everyday above ground, is a good day".
    "But everyday that you have made a difference in someones life, may insure you stay above ground a little longer".<aircooled>

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    omaha
    Posts
    343

    Thumbs up

    it all sounds great

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    At work
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by aircooled53 View Post
    http://southernfood.about.com/od/shr...p_and_More.htm

    Spicy Shrimp With Rice - Spicy Shrimp Recipe With Rice
    Shrimp is cooked with seasonings, rice, Tabasco, onion, and green bell pepper. A shrimp and rice recipe, or jambalaya.
    Shrimp Curry With Bananas - Shrimp Curry Recipe
    Shrimp curry recipe with bananas and a homemade curry sauce, served with rice.
    Gulf Shrimp With Garlic - Shrimp Recipe With Lemon and Garlic
    A flavorful Gulf Shrimp recipe with butter, garlic, lemon, and almonds, along with seasonings and vermouth or chicken broth.
    Microwave Shrimp Barbecue Recipe - Barbecued Shrimp
    Shrimp Creole Recipe - Shrimp With Tomato Sauce
    Shrimp Creole with shrimp, tomatoes, rice, and other ingredients.
    Asparagus Recipe - Shrimp and Asparagus with Spaghetti
    This asparagus recipe is for spaghetti and shrimp and asparagus with garlic and a lemon and chicken broth sauce.
    Shrimp and Linguine Bake - Shrimp and Pasta Recipe
    A recipe using shrimp and pasta - A tasty shrimp and linguine bake. Shrimp and pasta recipe with garlic, peas, cheese, and tomatoes.
    Recipe Fruit and Seafood Kabobs - Doc's Fruit Shrimp Kabobs
    A recipe using shrimp - Doc's Fruity Seafood Kabobs. Other ingredients include shrimp, shark, sea scallops, and assorted fruits.
    Don's Spicy Orange Grilled Shrimp Recipe
    A recipe using shrimp, for the grill - Don's Spicy-Orange Grilled Shrimp Recipe.
    Doc's Cheddar Shrimp Sandwich Recipe - Shrimp Sandwich With Cheese
    Doc's shrimp sandwich on pumpernickel bread, with cheese. "A recipe using shrimp - cheddar cheese and shrimp sandwich from Dr. Donald Houston.
    Shrimp Spread Recipe - Shrimp With Cream Cheese
    Shrimp spread recipe with cream cheese and olives, along with mayonnaise and seasonings. Shrimp spread appetizer recipe.
    Curried Peanut Shrimp with Pasta Recipe
    A recipe using shrimp - curried peanut shrimp over pasta. Shrimp recipe with pasta and an Asian style sauce, from Stephanie.
    Shrimp Recipe - Shrimp With Wine Sauce for Pasta
    A recipe using shrimp - a recipe for shrimp pasta topping from Dee Elle. Scroll down to see more shrimp recipes.
    This shrimp recipe was shared on our forum. A shrimp recipe.
    Shrimp Recipe - Fried Shrimp Recipe with Egg and Cornmeal Batter
    In this shrimp recipe, large shrimp are battered with a mixture of egg, milk, cornmeal and flour then deep fried in oil. Southern fried shrimp recipe.
    Shrimp Newburg Recipe - Shrimp Newburg
    Recipes for shrimp, a delicious and creamy shrimp newburg.
    Shrimp Creole - Shrimp Creole Recipe
    Recipes for shrimp, a shrimp creole with green pepper, tomatoes, celery and onions.
    Shrimp Pilau - Shrimp Recipes and Rice Recipes
    Recipe for a shrimp pilau with curry spices, ginger, green onions, garlic, chile pepper and cumin.
    Shrimp Scampi Recipe with Garlic - Shrimp Recipes

    Skewered Shrimp Recipe to Grill or Broil -Grilled Shrimp Recipe
    Shrimp is skewered and broiled or grilled. Ingredients include shrimp, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, and a wine and soy sauce marinade.
    Shrimp with Parsley Butter and Lemon
    Shrimp is cooked with butter and lemon juice and shrimp. An easy shrimp recipe with parsley and butter.
    Shrimp Casserole Recipe with Rice
    Shrimp casserole with rice, green onion, garlic, and clam juice. A tasty shrimp casserole with rice.
    Shrimp Recipe with Spinach and Feta Cheese
    Shrimp recipe with spinach and feta cheese, along with oregano, lemon juice, and other seasonings. Shrimp with spinach and feta cheese.
    Fried Shrimp Recipe - Recipe for Fried Shrimp
    Fried shrimp recipe with egg batter and cornmeal or bread crumbs. A recipe for deep fried shrimp.
    Shrimp Recipe - Recipe for Shrimp with Olives
    Shrimp recipe with olives and green onion, baked with bread crumbs. A deviled shrimp recipe.
    Cocktail Sauce Recipe - Recipe for Cocktail Sauce for Shrimp or Seafood
    This cocktail sauce recipe is the perfect accompaniment to cooked shrimp. Serve cocktail sauce with shrimp or fried seafood.
    Shrimp Recipe - Recipe Sherry Shrimp with Butter and Parsley
    Shrimp recipe with sherry and lemon juice and butter. A sherried shrimp recipe cooked under the broiler or try grilling this shrimp
    Baked Shrimp Recipe - Shrimp with Butter and Parmesan Cheese
    Baked shrimp with butter and Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Shrimp recipe is baked with butter, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and sherry.
    Coconut Shrimp Recipe - Coconut Shrimp with Curry and Coconut
    Coconut shrimp recipe. This is coconut shrimp with a little curry powder, fried.
    Pickled Shrimp Recipe - Pickled Shrimp with Lime Juice and Vinegar
    Pickled shrimp. This pickled shrimp recipe is an appetizer made with shrimps, dillweed, vinegar and lime juice.
    Grilled Shrimp Recipe - Recipe for Shrimp with Garlic Butter
    Grilled shrimp recipe with garlic. Serve this grilled shrimp with garlic butter recipe.
    Shrimp Recipe - Recipe for Saute Shrimp with Garlic and Cream
    This shrimp is sauteed with butter and garlic then simmered in a cream and sherry sauce. Serve garlic and cream shrimp over rice or toast.
    Sesame Shrimp Recipe Grilled - Recipe for Sesame Shrimp in Bourbon Marinade
    Grilled or broiled sesame shrimp recipe. Shrimp are marinated in a mixture of bourbon and sesame oil and soy sauce then rolled in sesame seeds and grilled
    Shrimp scampi recipe with butter and garlic and parsley and shrimp. Shrimp scampi.
    Shrimp Recipe with Peas and Rice - Recipe Shrimp Green Peas and Rice
    Shrimp with green peas and rice, along with green onions, ginger, soy sauce, and garlic. Shrimp with green peas and rice recipe.
    Shrimp Recipe - Recipe Shrimp Curry and Rice
    Shrimp recipe with curry powder and rice and pineapple. A shrimp curry recipe with pineapple and lemon juice, rice, and garlic.
    Favorite Shrimp Recipes - Fifteen Great Shrimp Recipes
    Shrimp recipes - more than a dozen of the best shrimp recipes. Here are the most popular shrimp recipes on this site, including Shrimp Scampi, shrimp salad recipes, grilled shrimp, jambalaya, and more.
    Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
    Shrimp is wrapped in bacon then broiled - a delicious appetizer.
    BBQ Shrimp with Ponzu Sauce
    BBQ Shrimp
    Shrimp in the shell, baked in a rich butter sauce.
    Beaufort Stew
    A South Carolina shrimp and sausage boil.
    Bourbon Sesame Shrimp
    Shrimp is marinated with bourbon, sesame oil and soy sauce, then rolled in sesame seeds and grilled.
    Cajun Shrimp
    A tomato-based pasta sauce.
    Creole Pizza
    Okra and shrimp pizza with a Bisquick crust.
    Don's Spicy-Orange Grilled Shrimp
    Doc Donald says this marinade can also be used for crawfish.
    Dooley's Bulldog Shrimp and Green Noodles
    A rich casserole with shrimp, noodles and cheese, from a Georgia cookbook.
    Easy Shrimp Sauté
    Ingredients include garlic, butter, shrimp, cream, and a little wine or sherry.
    Fried Shrimp
    Fried shrimp with cornmeal or bread crumb coating. Deep-fried shrimp.
    Garlic Shrimp
    An easy and delicious skillet combination.
    Grilled Shrimp and Mango Salad
    Spicy and exotic.
    Grilled Shrimp
    Marinated and grilled jumbo shrimp.
    Gulf Shrimp Divine
    Shrimp with lemon juice, butter, garlic, almonds and vermouth.
    Hampton Plantation Shrimp Pilau
    A classic combination of shrimp and rice.
    La Peche Shrimp
    Shrimp in a garlic-laden sherry butter sauce.
    Linda's Barbecued Shrimp
    Shrimp baked in a rich, seasoned sauce.
    Shrimp stew with minced clams, okra, tomatoes, and seasonings.
    Shrimp with Garlic Butter
    Delicious grilled shrimp with a garlic butter for dipping.
    Shrimp with Green Peas
    Shrimp with green onions, garlic, ginger, peas, soy sauce, and other seasonings. Serve this shrimp with hot cooked rice.
    Shrimp with Pasta
    Shrimp with a creamy basil and Parmesan sauce, tossed with angel hair pasta.
    Shrimp with Peppers
    Serve this easy skillet combination with hot rice.
    Shrimp with Spinach and Alfredo Sauce
    A delicious rice or pasta-topper.
    Shrimp with Spinach and Feta Cheese
    Shrimp is cooked with spinach and feta cheese, along with lemon juice and oregano.
    Shrimp, Crab and Lobster Succotash
    Corn, lima beans and seafood - shared by Dr. Donald Houston.
    Spiced Shrimp Pilau
    Delicious combination, shared by John Tharpe.
    Swamp Mull
    Bubba, is that you?
    Luke 6:31

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    IN THE CRAWL SPACE
    Posts
    1,536
    Quote Originally Posted by renaissanse man View Post
    Bubba, is that you?


    Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    38
    That sounds fantastic! I have been doing grilled shrimp lately with a mixture of terriyaki and Thai garlic chili sauce. Will definitely give your recipe a shot next time.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    525
    I would like it a little spicier but the wife doesn't like spicy. I might add some hot peppers in the marinade for half the shrimp next time.
    I also thought about brushing the sauce on wings next time I fix a batch.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    38
    I have the opposite problem - my boyfriend wants everything too spicy for me. I end up splitting things in half and using half the heat on my portion. I also enjoy doing beef kabobs in terriyaki and then really spicy shrimp. The sweet versus spicy combination is great.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South/West of Quebec in the other part of Canada
    Posts
    2,331
    Quote Originally Posted by DuJane View Post
    I have the opposite problem - my boyfriend wants everything too spicy for me. I end up splitting things in half and using half the heat on my portion. I also enjoy doing beef kabobs in terriyaki and then really spicy shrimp. The sweet versus spicy combination is great.

    OK! Now that I know you won't Marry me, I feel compelled to tell you that I really enjoy "Shrimp on a BarB"

    It's Time To Be Nice To People

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bennington, Vermont U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,864
    Quote Originally Posted by key View Post
    OK! Now that I know you won't Marry me, I feel compelled to tell you that I really enjoy "Shrimp on a BarB"

    You are diffinately wacked out.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    At work
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by key View Post
    OK! Now that I know you won't Marry me, I feel compelled to tell you that I really enjoy "Shrimp on a BarB"

    There is something that's very unsettling about that pic...
    Luke 6:31

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event