Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse21 View Post
    I really like the unions too, I put them on every job, one of my pet peeves I'm anal about my wire ties too the little things make a big diffrence to make a job look proffesional.
    I have a union on my drain line for my ARUF air handler. I have to break the union and remove the small section of drain line to replace the filter in the air handler.

Take care.

I think this guy might be joking at least thats what I get out of the smilies he put in his post. If he is serious then he may be mildly retarted If he don't like it I don't think I'll lose any sleep over it, I thought it was a good job.

As for the coil access on the attic unit I had to slide the unit back that far because there is a water coil on the supply end of that unit. Coil won't be bad to clean though just drop off the return plenuim and it will move it's a flex return and coil will clean up easily. I wish I had some before pics of what a mess this was before. The basement airhandler hung from the cieling and the attic unit was in an upflow (sure made the takeoffs look great) Anyways I thougt it looked fine and I cna take constructive criticizm just fine thats how we learn as for some folks who are just natural born *******s you just have to overlook them.
    hey pulse21,your install is ok and I'm sure works fine.but the point I was getting at is I don't see the pics being posted nationally in hvac news saying check out a beautiful installation or even put on a calenderI thought wall of pride would be just that. some pics that would at least get recognition.I apoligise to you for hijacking your thread arguing with moocow or whoever over your install wasn't trying to offend anyone but if thats the best then--well that's the bestBTW-It's--retardedand I always sleep a lot better knowing there are installs still out there that just look OK.A lot of people don't care what it looks like as long as it works!and yes I did think it was a DIY and I will jump on the bandwagon
    do it right the first time!

So when are you going to finish it?
    Why go 80% of the way to doing a good job?
    The ref. lines could be straighter. The low voltage lines should be secured. The cabinet should NOT have scorch marks on it.
    None of my techs would ever leave a job looking like that.

[QUOTE=AirCareTech;3108102]So when are you going to finish it?
    Why go 80% of the way to doing a good job?
    The ref. lines could be straighter. The low voltage lines should be secured. The cabinet should NOT have scorch marks on it.
    None of my techs would ever leave a job looking like that.[/QUOTEYa

Ya'll are hard on someone aint ya. Lets see some pics of youre stuff. I don't see the scorch marks on the cabinets you are talking about? Maybe a shadow or something but whatever. I'll admit with Meof it is not the best of the best but is 90% of the work in this forum. It is an above average install in my opinion. I took a job that looked like total ass when Istarted it and turned it in my opinion into a damn good loooking job. I woulld hardly call it DIY. So lets cut the bull **** and see some pics of ya'lls work if ya'll are so great. Thanks Meoff for at least taking the time to explain youre opinion I can respect that but I'd still like to see a pic of one of youre jobs.As for AirCrap or whoever check out the link below and we can all see how much stock to put in his opiniions

Some people really piss me off
    Last edited by pulse21; 04-22-2009 at 01:06 AM. Reason: add content
    duct tape and cable ties will fix anything, if that don't work add a 90-340.

Actually Meoff I did check out your wall of pride pics. Probally won't see it in the next issue of Contracting Buisness either Looked good but not enough to talk so much smack See a couple things I did'nt agree with but anyone can look at pretty much anyone elses work and see things they would do diffrently. But I'm not going to pick anoyones work apart just to blow myself up (seperate drans for furnace and coil, unit way to close to wall even if a parking area) Iwould'nt do that I have way too much pride to do that Anyways have a good nights sleep knowing there are just ok jobs out there I know I'll sleep well

Looks to me like your quote says it all about you.
    What's your other motto? - " Good enough, can't see it from my house!"
    Ill get some of my stuff up and then well talk.

critic me gently

Double changeout I did back in July just found the pics. The upflow unit used to be a short Amana AH hanging from the cieling had to move to floor because of space issues (it would be in a door way) plus it looks a lot better IMHO. The attic one used to be a little short up flow looked I think the end result looked pretty good. Go ahead critic me gently. No lineset cover on that lineset going up by chimnet HO did'nt want one said a cover would have stuck out worse it probally would have though.
    I see two code violations, If you guys are using IRC06-
    1. Access to your disconnects(they are behind the units)
    2. No vent on your condensate(at least in the pictures)
    Clean work tho
    Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    Comfort is my goal
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AirCareTech View Post
    Looks to me like your quote says it all about you.
    What's your other motto? - " Good enough, can't see it from my house!"
    Ill get some of my stuff up and then well talk.
    The quote was meant as a joke. You sure are a ballsey sob to come on here as a newbie and talk so much ****. I'd love to see some of youre stuff. Most of the members on here are good folks and offer thier opinions good or bad in a correct manner to encourage others to be better. I honestly think it is a good install the pics don't do it justice yeah there is some control wires laying on top of the airhandler in the attic I guess you don't have 130 degree attics where youre at Anyways the point I'm trying to make is if you don't learn how to communicate youre opinions better you won't be around this site long or in this trade for that matter. Anyways lets see some of youre wonderfull work and then we can talk. To the other poster vents are not required on drain lines here. And the disconnects were approved by the inspector.

Actually Meoff I did check out your wall of pride pics. Probally won't see it in the next issue of Contracting Buisness either Looked good but not enough to talk so much smack See a couple things I did'nt agree with but anyone can look at pretty much anyone elses work and see things they would do diffrently. But I'm not going to pick anoyones work apart just to blow myself up (seperate drans for furnace and coil, unit way to close to wall even if a parking area) Iwould'nt do that I have way too much pride to do that Anyways have a good nights sleep knowing there are just ok jobs out there I know I'll sleep well
    those pics are one of many that all look the same,plumb,level neat etc.and if you looked at them and seen I was put down and brought me down to size also.when I took the pics and posted was proud as you were and then the critiques made me see things that weren't ready for the world to see in any mag or calenderbut if you noticed-I didn't fight back as they were areas to be recconed with.if you cannot take someone picking on it then next time don't let me see it!hey-if you took it personally then sorry! I thought you wanted real world replieshey pulse--Nice Install,Looks Good
    and that was not meant be sarcasticI said some things not warrented as the cow guy got me wound up.was not as neat as I like to see them.

I dont try to wind people up. it just happens. Im sorry though.
    Thomas aka...spymoocow
    Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Ah, sorry I thought that's what he meant. An inch shouldn't make that much difference (at least that's what I always tell my wife).

Quote Originally Posted by spymoocow View Post
    I dont try to wind people up. it just happens. Im sorry though.
    heck I get wound up and evidently am getting better at getting others wound upnothing personal meant to you either,even though I directed comments directly at you.I wonder if it stems down to not having a older brother to roll in the dirt with when heads butted and exchange a few knuckle sandwiches

same here. I been sitting on the shelf for a while until this week. Im just glad to have a job when the day is over.
    Thomas aka...spymoocow
    Quote Originally Posted by garya505 View Post
    Ah, sorry I thought that's what he meant. An inch shouldn't make that much difference (at least that's what I always tell my wife).

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast