Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Nice Goodman install (I think so)

Double changeout I did back in July just found the pics. The upflow unit used to be a short Amana AH hanging from the cieling had to move to floor because of space issues (it would be in a door way) plus it looks a lot better IMHO. The attic one used to be a little short up flow looked I think the end result looked pretty good. Go ahead critic me gently. No lineset cover on that lineset going up by chimnet HO did'nt want one said a cover would have stuck out worse it probally would have though.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    duct tape and cable ties will fix anything, if that don't work add a 90-340.

Looks good to me. Only thing I would have done differently is get rid of those rusting disconnects!

Looks good to me!

Good job ! it shows you care about your work. The only thing I see is I would recomend a tee with a small stand pipe and cap by the trap for clean out when it needs it. Agree with loonie 2 8.00 disconects would help too
    Last edited by jpb2; 10-28-2007 at 10:11 AM. Reason: operator headspace
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

I like the quick disconnect unions in the condensate drains. The only thing I don't like with Goodman is the thin ga. metal of the cabinets. Nice job.
    Doug

Just curious:

-New thermostats?
    -Variable speed AHU's?
    -Condensor models?
    -Sizes?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanHughes View Post
    Just curious:

-New thermostats?
    -Variable speed AHU's?
    -Condensor models?
    -Sizes?
    Guy just wanted basic systems no bells and whistles espicallly with the duct changes that ran the price up as well as new linesets on both systems. ARUF1824 air handlers and GSH13024 outdoor units, and of course new stats went with the Honeywell Focus Pro 5000 stats. You can't see in the pics but also has a hot water coil tied into both systems contollded by a seperate T87 and a relay I added to control blower and circ. pumps. He was hell bent on keeping it in the system so hooked it back up

why no metal furnace stands instead of bricks ? or even the new stryofoam goodman has for there units

I like that you routed the linesets so the serviceman won't be cussing when he has to pull the panels.
    Neat wiring and linesets.
    Also like the unions on the drain lines.
    Why no secondary drain on the horizontal unit? I see you have the pan switch, but I always run a secondary drain too (it's code here).

Quote Originally Posted by gevans View Post
    I like that you routed the linesets so the serviceman won't be cussing when he has to pull the panels.
    Neat wiring and linesets.
    Also like the unions on the drain lines.
    Why no secondary drain on the horizontal unit? I see you have the pan switch, but I always run a secondary drain too (it's code here).
    There is a secondary drain it's on the back of the pan, just easier and better fall to hook to the existing instead of piping it around to the front. Thanks for the nice feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by slice View Post
    why no metal furnace stands instead of bricks ? or even the new stryofoam goodman has for there units
    Been using bricks around here for years, just second nature I guess. I havent seen the new styrofaom goodman has, I'd rather have bricks than stryrofoam any ways. Around here every one uses bricks or concrete blocks I guess it varies with diffrent parts of the country, kind of like BBQ

Nice looking work. I like the unions on the drains, too. I've supported units with blocks like that in the past, and the units always seem to sag in the middle while getting the panels on. Now we always run them length ways with the air handler (or you could use a couple more in the center). No biggie. Nice work though.
    You can't learn a thing with your mouth open.

I really like the unions too, I put them on every job, one of my pet peeves I'm anal about my wire ties too the little things make a big diffrence to make a job look proffesional.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast