+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lennox International's Allied Air brands

Post Likes
    We use gmc n chevy relationship to explain our lennox n aire flo lines... get both straight from lennox

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgould2 View Post
    Around these parts Lennox is the one and only Allied Air distributor.
    The only reason this would be is if Allied Air for whatever reason cannot find a suitable independent distributor.

In my area, the Lennox distributor is not that well liked and those interested in Lennox equipment who don't like dealing with the Lennox distributor are using Allied Air equipment from independent distributors.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tegtma08 View Post
    We use gmc n chevy relationship to explain our lennox n aire flo lines... get both straight from lennox
    I believe the Aire-Flo brand is the same as the Concord and Ducane brands. Aire-Flo would be the only brand sold from Lennox distributors.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Robin, our supplier stocks the 4SCU13LE for his AirEase dealers and the 4AC13L for the rest. If we want the cheapo, and sadly we usually do, he gives us the AE tag. Maybe he isn't supposed to anymore.
    Allied Air wants dealers to use the 4SCU13LB as the base model for Armstrong/AirEase so that all of these brands have the same look with the individually removable side panels with horizontal louvers. This way, if a two system house uses a 13 SEER unit in the basement and a 16 SEER unit in the attic and the two outside units are sitting side by side, they will have the same general look to them.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tegtma08 View Post
    The same with the other Allied Air brands (Aire-Flo is an Allied Air brand). Most Allied Air distributors are selling the Armstrong and Concord (same as Aire-Flo and Ducane) brands or the Aire-Ease and Ducane brands. The Armstrong and Aire-Ease brands are identical and comparable to the Lennox brand. The Concord, Ducane and Aire-Flo are identical.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Are independent distributors and Allied Air providing good marketing and technical support for these brands?
    I work for an Allied distributor, so I may have a unique perspective compared to the others who have posted here.

From what I've been told, and what keeps getting reiterated is that Allied is not about marketing in the same way as Bryant/Carrier/Trane/Lennox. If you are an Armstrong/Air-Ease dealer, you can use co-op dollars and points accrued with purchases to market. The focus is more on the dealer than the equipment though. We're marketing "Smith Htg & Air" not "Armstrong Air by Smith."

The other rub is that we are to recognize that the Air-Ease/Armstrong dealer today will eventually move on to be a Lennox or Carrier type dealer in the future. We help you grow to the point where the Bryant/Carrier/Trane/Lennox territory manager comes in and sweeps you into their fold and we grin and bear it. Seen at least twice in the last 7 yrs where a >$100k equipment customer got poached one by Lennox and the other by Bryant.

Post Likes
    Jingle, what is it that gets dealers for Allied Air products to switch to more publicized name brands? It seems to me that a dealer that has become successful with an Allied Air branded product line would want to continue doing what they are doing with that same line.

It's not like there are any technological or feature benefits by going from an Allied Air product to a Lennox or Carrier line. It seems to me that if the relationship between the Allied Air brand distributor and the dealer is what helped that dealer become successful, that dealer would want to continue working with the product and distributor that has worked.

Then again, I do know how fickle HVAC contractors are.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Name recognition namely. It's easier to sell a customer the Blue Oval or Dave Lennox than to sell themselves. Allied also only offers limited marketing as well. Tends to be going 50/50 on marketing funds even for guys who maybe doing $1 million in sales. I don't have experience with the big guys, but I think their ability/willingness to market exceeds Allied's by quite a bit.

In terms of technology, Allied's top tier is rather meh in comparison to some. 18 seer AC/HP that is difficult to get an 18 seer match. We just got communicating equipment in the last 6 months. That being said, I'll pit the 4scu13le 13 seer AC against anybody any day of the week. Best on the market imho.

Post Likes
    Well, it only makes sense that at least for now, Lennox International is going to more promote the Lennox brand than the Allied Air brands. That is why Lennox had the communicating thermostat and units a year before the Allied brands did. However, that actually worked in favor of Allied Air brand contractors who did not have to put up with the initial issues that Lennox had with the communicating wi-fi stat. Once Allied Air had the communicating stat and units, the bugs had been worked out of it.
    Training is important!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in