Views: 959
Size:  289.8 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395508532.990784.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  161.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395508547.303535.jpg
Views: 937
Size:  143.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395508558.405948.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  154.7 KB

I spent a fair amount of time trying to appreciate this. Looks nice, seems like lots of return. Straight lines, probably hard rather than flex.

But just can't get past the fact it's HVAC in an uninsulated/unconditioned attic. All I can think of is nice new hat, nice new handbag, nice lipstick, same gross old pig. Almost no insulation anywhere. Every fiber is screaming "foam that roof deck!"
    Which makes more sense to you?
    CONSERVATION - turning your thermostat back and being uncomfortable. Maybe saving 5-10%
    ENERGY EFFICIENCY - leaving your thermostat where everyone is comfortable. Saving 30-70%

DO THE NUMBERS! Step on a HOMESCALE.
    What is comfort? Well, it AIN'T just TEMPERATURE!

Energy Obese? An audit is the next step - go to BPI.org, or RESNET, and find an auditor near you.

Carrier Infinity 17 Resi

Touché Ted, thanks for the comments.

I could not agree more. Most every home I enter here in Texas could stand major improvement to the envelope to inhibit air exchange. While we offer the option, not every client shares our view. For cost reasons, many of our jobs flex.

Same here, most of our jobs are round metal trunk with flex branch lines and flex return. The cost and labor of doing all metal triples the price of the job. Sometimes we do only the last 5' of the branch flex but that's double the price of all flex branches. Maybe 1 of 500 sees the value and does all metal or 1 of 250 wants the other but most times it's like pulling teeth to get them to see how leaky and poorly designed their duct system is and needs replaced.

Great looking job, as far as the insulation and attic goes, this looks just like it does here in Memphis, probably 80% of units are in attic here

Thanks John. I had the pleasure of being in a sales class with several of your guys a year or two back. It seems like you have some terrific people working for you.

What do you find to be the best approach for fresh air mechanical ventilation in your market? ERV or direct through a dehumidifier?

Well i am actually not that John, he is my uncle, my dad is his older brother, i am not sure what he does but i have seen more erv, i have seen a couple of dehumidifiers but has been a while

How do you find attics with so much dancing room? Nice job.
    Doug

Looks great by Pa standards...is that metal pipe for the flue? I am on my phone and it's a small pic. With that quality of a install it could not of been a inexpensive installation. Also the size of that attic, it's a decent size house. But i think that's a exposed metal flue pipe which would lead me to think 80%. I would of thought a 90 at least with quality of a install and house. Install looks great though IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PeachBottomRob View Post
    Looks great by Pa standards...is that metal pipe for the flue? I am on my phone and it's a small pic. With that quality of a install it could not of been a inexpensive installation. Also the size of that attic, it's a decent size house. But i think that's a exposed metal flue pipe which would lead me to think 80%. I would of thought a 90 at least with quality of a install and house. Install looks great though IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you, I am fortunate to work with the best crew I have ever had the chance to meet. 4" double wall flue piping through roof penetration for 80% appliance. We don't do a lot of 90+% here in Texas unless it is in an encapsulated / foamed home. 1,800 sq./ft. home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free