Thread: carrier 30 RAP

carrier 30 RAP

Hello
    I'm new to this site and seeking help on 30rap carrier air cooled chiller. First time working on this unit and there is no paperwork on it. I keep getting an A 201 error which I did find out by searching online might be an interlock switch. Anyone have any advice on where I can start looking for it for testing

PLEASE read the instructions in red at the top of the forum.

I think its a open interlock of the chilled water flow switch or the cooler pump ... i use to have the same on a 30hx carrier

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

All Carrier Chillers with scrolling Marquis provide onboard diagnostics as well as a description of the alarm by pressing the escape and enter key together. Also I find it easier to get the books by doing a Google search. Not much I have not found that way.

Thanks...

more information

Quote Originally Posted by Unbeliever View Post
    All Carrier Chillers with scrolling Marquis provide onboard diagnostics as well as a description of the alarm by pressing the escape and enter key together. Also I find it easier to get the books by doing a Google search. Not much I have not found that way.

Thanks...
    Guys thanks for the replies. I did get more info today full model: 30rap0255da02100
    Incoming and outgoing water pressures barely reached 10PSI. I did close off the outlet valve and was able to build pressure to test my gauges, the flow meter then activated when it reached 20PSI. So now I know it does work. Now what I'm gonna look at tomorrow is the water circulating pump. That's the only other thing that I'll be able to do. If it's not working right i need to change it in order to get the pressure built up for the flow sensor to open. What do tall think? Am I on the right track?

Pressure does not indicate flow. Pressure does not activate a proof-of-flow interlock. Differential pressure can do these things. That would be the difference of the entering (or incoming) and leaving (or outgoing) water pressures. You say they both barely reached 10 PSI (I presume you meant 10 PSIG?). Then you "closed off the outlet valve", which would actually stop the flow. My advice is to get somebody experienced with chilled water systems, and that model chiller, to look at this. Severe, catastrophic damage can result with failed chilled water flow interlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    Pressure does not indicate flow. Pressure does not activate a proof-of-flow interlock. Differential pressure can do these things. That would be the difference of the entering (or incoming) and leaving (or outgoing) water pressures. You say they both barely reached 10 PSI (I presume you meant 10 PSIG?). Then you "closed off the outlet valve", which would actually stop the flow. My advice is to get somebody experienced with chilled water systems, and that model chiller, to look at this. Severe, catastrophic damage can result with failed chilled water flow interlocks.
    Very much agreed!