Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    5 yr old system / 24 hr operation
    On ch1 (with the issue) the actual hours are in 15000 range and starts are equal as well . Ch2 (on issue) is 28000 hrs with 35k range in starts thanks to the original owners.

Smile

hey absrbrtek,could you, please email it to me,my email is in my profile. thanks pat

Recieved Form 230.10-M1 (804) from York PA. The oil bypass kit did the trick now the compressor is unloading correctly

Thanks

We have one of these and had quite a bit of trouble out of it. Before I came along they rebuilt the slide and still the compressor never quite ran right. Well come to find out the unloader harness was very corroded. I replaced the unloader, the harness, and the unloader wire and she's still purring right along. Couldn't tell you if the slide actually needed rebuilding since I wasn't around for that but definately keep an eye on those unloader harnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    Spring kit repair would have saved your customer 10K to 20K. Service Instructions for DXS Screw Compressors, Loading Unloading, and High Current Troubleshooting. Form 230.10-M1 (804). I have it in PDF should anyone be interested.
    Hey, Stranger !!

Any chance I could have a copy too?

Service Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by absrbrtek View Post
    Spring kit repair would have saved your customer 10K to 20K. Service Instructions for DXS Screw Compressors, Loading Unloading, and High Current Troubleshooting. Form 230.10-M1 (804). I have it in PDF should anyone be interested.
    Would you be so kind as to send me the info. on the unloader

Thanks
    ACCman

Smile

hi absrbtek, could you please email me a copy of that doc at Email Address Removed--thanks pat
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 06-26-2011 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Email Address Removed

Here is a Service Information Letter is reguards to DXS loading and unloading troubleshooting guide
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

Unloader Manual

Thanks for the troubleshooting info. I was hoping to obtain form 230.10-m1 (804) to help in replacing the lipper seal and both orings on the load/unload piston. I know it is not suppose to be field serviceable, but we have replaced them in the past with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by york56 View Post
    Here is a Service Information Letter is reguards to DXS loading and unloading troubleshooting guide

YCAS Low current/MP/HP

I have read most of the posts on this series machine but it seems that no one has really provided a perminant solution to the problem. The problem we have on these machines was occuring forever one tech in the begining of the problem a couple years ago changed out the compressor but the problem continued. Boards have been changed the motor protectors have been swapped the big heads came out then as misto as the problem came it disappeared when the motor protectors were swapped but then a week ago it came back and it has come back in again just this Monday for the second time. I megged the motor took the voltage readings for imbalance, took the amprage,and the dc voltage at the board to rule out a harness failure, checked the discharge superheat and suction superheat to determine if the machine was charged properly. All checked out. I can remember Carrier having a similar problem with some of there Older 30 series machines only to determine that the motor protector was to sensitive, they decreased the sensitivity of thier motor protectors . Any suggestions....I really donot feel it is fair to continue to charge go backs on the customer just to guess at this problem. Any bullitiens out that maybe I have not found out there.

Megohm, I had continuous problems with the Low current/mp/hp fault. Motor protectors were changed along with a few other tries at fixing the problem. Finally I requested from York service a particular service tech to come look at the problem.

What he did was set the dip switches differently on the motor protectors, differently than what the IOM says they should be set at. He explained to me that he learned this fix from this website.

I have (2) YCWS 0140 machines. Perhaps he stepped it up to a 0180 model? We feel comfortable with what he did because the machine does not have any parameters that are incorrect. The problem has not come back and it's been over 2 years.

In the newer IOM's there are the correct settings for the MP for either across the line or wye delta , I also have found several set wrong either from people changing compressor with MP and not setting the new ones up correctly , this will cause all kinds of issues , it will give you the dip switch settings and the correct voltages to set up in the micro processor. also another problem for these faults is the corrostion on the motor sensors from sweating which also cause these nuisance trips they need to be cleaned with a small wire brush then reinstall the wires back on the C , S1 , S2 ,S3 terminals.
    Arguing with your Boss is like wrestling with a pig in
    mud.
    After a while you realize that while you are getting
    dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.

It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it
    creative problem solving.

25 years ago we had Bob Hope , Steve Jobs , and Johnny Cash today we have no Hope no Jobs and no Cash !
    I can fix broke but i can't fix stupid !

At the time the starting command has been released by the controller the current monitoring starts. If there is no current read by the three phase module for 3 seconds, the chiller trips on the message Low current/MP/HP. Low current/MP/HP fault ist not too dificult to track. Basically the starting command of the controller is fed (115V) from the chiller relay board over the motor protector relay and the mechanical hp switch (auxillary contacts are involved as well) to the star contactor. The star contactor does activate the the line contactor. If any of the devices mentioned above is opened there will be no motor current monitored because the motor does not start. After 4 to 10 seconds (if motor current has been sensed on star) the control will switch over from star to delta by activating a auxilary relay which causes the star contactor to drop out and activate the delta contactor. The three phase motor current module does have several purposes. It senses the motor winding temperatures (through C, S1, S2, S3) and for example phase loss, rotation, phase imbalance (through the CT´s in the module). The CT´s transfer a 0-5 V signal to the controller which is equivalent to the sensed motor current (the controller must be set to the right voltage to read the current correctly). The dip switches are to set the device for maximum current (the sum of the dip switches ON represents the current trip value). Whenever the fault has been caused by the motor protection module, it will display the failure reason in the 7 segment display. It can be reset by removeing the 24V power supply to the module. The best method to track the problem is to analyze the history buffer of the chiller. The major issue with Low current/MP/HP are known at compressor start. This does indicate the auxillary contacts / contactors are involved.
    "Quality exists, when the price is long forgotten."

Henry Royce

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast