Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes: Christian

34 72.34%
  • no: not a Christian

13 27.66%
Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485152535455565758596061 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    Sorry on the delay TB I've been in a cave studying for NATE.

I'm not offended in the least being called a JW, or a Wiccan, or a fart mouth, or whatever (just don't call me shirley! )
    Well, least you got a sense of humor. The point is not to find something to call you, or label you, however, I've found in the past that sometimes, equating a proposition to a known fallacy has a "wake up" effect. There are many "insightful philosophies" out there that can appear acceptable, untill it is known that they originate in a false paradigm like, say, environmentalism which comes from Wiccan, and Buddhist philosophy.

And I got some studying to do here shortly, too.
    Last edited by TB; 12-11-2007 at 02:51 PM.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    ...I'm not offended in the least being called a JW, or a Wiccan, or a fart mouth, or whatever (just don't call me shirley!..
    If you can't personal attack I guess people can only go after what you actually POST and have to SPECULATE on the rest.

It gets old you can post about topic A and somebody else continually blasts away on your beliefs on topic B as a reason you must not have it together on topic A....

Well, some of my views may be shared by Unitarians, JW's, "fundies", Catholics, Anglicans, Baptist, and Arian-orientated Christian religions (among maybe some others)

Of course. But after all is said and done, there is ONE TRUTH and ONE TRUTH ONLY. The rest is just garbage.

Happy to narrow it down for you. How 'bout yourself boot?

Uh, how 'bout myself? You want me to narrow things down? Heck, sys. I thought I HAVE been pretty narrow. The truth follows a very narrow path and does not waver.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    Well, least you got a sense of humor. The point is not to find something to call you, or label you,
    I hope I've set a record of not being confrontational, but that is the only idea I can come up with when I get no answer, only a dismissal. I'm looking for a 'I don't want to answer about the universality of the trinity doctrine', or 'I will not answer the question you crazy mormon" or whatever. (but no shirley!)

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    And I got some studying to do here shortly, too.
    I just finished Core (90) Gas heat (82), heat pump (88), and air distribution(83), got oil heat tomorrow, and I'm going to try for the hydronic ones hopefully by the end of the week. I started a 'Nate cheat sheet' thread, I'm going to check it now. when I'm done, I'll post my 'cheats' to help you all out.
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

Well, what post are you waiting for my responce to. I forgot, and I'll never find it now.
    TB

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Well, some of my views may be shared by Unitarians, JW's, "fundies", Catholics, Anglicans, Baptist, and Arian-orientated Christian religions (among maybe some others)

Of course. But after all is said and done, there is ONE TRUTH and ONE TRUTH ONLY. The rest is just garbage.

Happy to narrow it down for you. How 'bout yourself boot?

Uh, how 'bout myself? You want me to narrow things down? Heck, sys. I thought I HAVE been pretty narrow. The truth follows a very narrow path and does not waver.
    How about a church or national following? I'd sure like to label you too...... I guess you aren't getting it yet...

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    How about a church or national following? I'd sure like to label you too...... I guess you aren't getting it yet...
    I belong to the church of Christ; the church of the Living God. But I attend a non-denom. It has no affiliation name. It is not a Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Catholic, or any other denomination. I have posted this before. I figured you would have remembered. Maybe you do remember but do not understand "non-denom". So there ya are...what non-denom means.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

That seems to be the trend, non-denom churches. The one I joined about a year and a half ago is non denom but still is in a local baptist association, so what's that tell me?... Anyway, with the events of the past 3 or 4 months I think it's 99% certain that a split is in the works. The church that I'll most likely be attending next is also a non-denom. I just need to see if I can find out what the deeper ties are and make sure there's no conflict of ...of... hmm, if i remember that word i'll edit later.

Quote Originally Posted by icchvac View Post
    That seems to be the trend, non-denom churches. The one I joined about a year and a half ago is non denom but still is in a local baptist association, so what's that tell me?... Anyway, with the events of the past 3 or 4 months I think it's 99% certain that a split is in the works. The church that I'll most likely be attending next is also a non-denom. I just need to see if I can find out what the deeper ties are and make sure there's no conflict of ...of... hmm, if i remember that word i'll edit later.
    "Correct Biblical doctrine"?

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    "Correct Biblical doctrine"?
    Yea, no funny stuff in their doctrine is what i had in mind. If they are on the level then I'll probably go there.

Quote Originally Posted by icchvac View Post
    Yea, no funny stuff in their doctrine is what i had in mind. If they are on the level then I'll probably go there.
    Yup. If, when held up to the light of Scripture, they generate doubt of being "on the level", as you say, then it's time to move on.

Proud member of KA Club

Of course you could have some fun and just hang out for a while just being a pain in someones assessment of scripture. The church we went to a few years ago just split, for the same reasons we left a year before. Everyone who thought we were the goofy ones for having issues, are themselves the ones that left. Splits ain't easy to deal with. Sorry icc. I seen the perfect church once, nice old fasioned style, steeple, bell tower, and all the money it needed. The best part was the people, the only ones ever went near the place were the ones dropping coins into it. Soon as you add people to a perfect church though, problems arise, and it ain't perfect anymore.

I think now, it is not our job to be fed by a church, our job as Christians, is to be fed at home, in the Word, and take that strength to church for building it up. If they won't be built up, it's still our job to continue drawing strength from Jesus in the Word, and only leave when He tells us to.

Stay in the Word amigo, these things can get as ugly as we are, but you've got an endless strength supply.

I now attend a church that holds to a doctrine on baptism, and a couple other small things, that I disagree with. Maybe God led us there, so we could help their understanding, maybe so they could help ours. The thing that shines to me though, is, despite the fact they know my perception on baptism, and that I disagree with them, firmly, they don't care. One of the elders and me were even doing a Bible study together, in of all things, the book of acts. It took us three meetings to get through Acts 2:38, and still have no real agreement on it, but it don't stand between us either. Any church that attempts to make the claim, "...I am the way, the truth, and the life..." is dangerouse, that's where cults begin, but any Church that will take two opposing views and sit down with scripture to investigate them both is a good congregation.
    Last edited by TB; 12-13-2007 at 04:10 AM.
    TB

Splits. That the problem with Non- denomination. after a few years nobody agrees and they split or backslide. sure fire path to Hell.

Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485152535455565758596061 LastLast