Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes: Christian

34 72.34%
  • no: not a Christian

13 27.66%
Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758596061 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    there's only about 6 other forums like this on the web, and e-mail address are a dime a dozen.
    Why would I want to go somewhere that I was not welcomed by the owner?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cureÖ
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

It's not always about you, knucklehead. Read your email.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Why would I want to go somewhere that I was not welcomed by the owner?
    I had no idea that you were not welcome. it is the internet. according to Al Gore(who invented it) it is a place for the free exchange of information.

If it is the place I think you are referring to, no I can't. One place has pre-banned my email address so I cannot sign up. And that site refers to itself as a professional site....yea, right.
    Shoot me an e-mail Robin, it wasn't anything against you.

Man, did I just post in ARP?
    Have you set up a Google alert for Carbon Monoxide yet?
    Click here to find out how.

Quote Originally Posted by davidr View Post

See, it didn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    It's not always about you, knucklehead. Read your email.
    Well, it's about my email, so, it's still sorta, kinda about me.

KNUCKLEHEAD? No one has called me that since I was a kid

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I had no idea that you were not welcome. it is the internet. according to Al Gore(who invented it) it is a place for the free exchange of information.
    It evidentely had nothing to do with me personally but rather the type of email address I have. Everything is good now. I just figured the site owner might have been one of the very few people in the world who have issues with my style

Just how many songs you hear this time of year are actually True to Jesus Christ? I just received a free "Christmas" cd in the mail titled; "The Songs of Christmas". Here is the rundown of songs;

It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Winter wonderland
    Jingle bells
    The twelve days of Christmas
    We need a little Christmas
    Jingle bell rock
    Here we go a caroling/Deck the halls/We wish you a Merry Christmas (medley)
    The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)

Not one of these songs promotes anything that Jesus Christ teaches us.
    Those aren't the only ones are they? That's the effort to "dim the Light". If you're listening to that CD there is no Christian message. What about songs like, "Oh little town of Bethlehem", and hark, the herald Angels Sing", and ," Joy to the World"
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by davidr View Post

Thanks David. Someone else who wanted to berate and belittle me beat you to giving me the real info on why my email was banned.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    You have serious chronological problems. When were those first 5 books written? When were the ten commandments given? Both were AFTER. What it amounts to "Fonzie" is that you are "wah, wah wrah wrong"... try that once.

Only a few verses after your out of context quote we read...

Exodus 32:7,8
    7 Then the LORD said to Moses, “Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt. 8 They have been quick to turn away from what I commanded them and have made themselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. They have bowed down to it and sacrificed to it and have said, ‘These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.’

Read it in its context. They had allready been commanded not to serve Idols, which would include the gods of the Egyptians that were defeated while they were still in Egypt.

God said this only a few weeks earlier.

Exodus 20:23
    23 Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold.
    TB

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Jesus wasn't crucified. The Greek word is stauros.

Otherwise, I understand perfectly about Jesus. Enough to know not to promote the instrument of his execution.
    Hmmm...the Mormons don't either, something else you have in common with them.

You approve of Mormonism then, more than Christianity, hhuh?
    TB

Jesus wasn't crucified. The Greek word is stauros.

Otherwise, I understand perfectly about Jesus. Enough to know not to promote the instrument of his execution.
    Well, if you are going to be anal about this, how do you justify making the contradictory statement that the Jesus wasn't crucified because the ancient Greek work used in the New Testament Bible is "stauros"? The term stauros does imply crucifiction. In all instances that stauros is used in the New Testament, it implies the Greek usage of that term to mean crucifiction. From Strong's Concordance Greek Dictionary of the New Testament;

word number 4716: Used 28 times, stauros; a stake, post or cross stand (stao) used as an instrument of capital punishment.

stauros denotes (1) "the cross, or stake itself," e.g. Mt 27:32; (2) "the crucifiction suffered," e.g. 1 Cor 1:17 (3) Gal 5:11 where crucifixion is metaphorically used lf the renunciation of the world, that characterizes the true Christian life or (4) The judicial custom by which the condemned person carried his stake to the place of execution......

There are many uses for most older words because there were just not as many specifically defined words 2,000 years ago as there are today. All etomological scholars of today agree with the Strong's usages of ancient Greek terms used in the New Testament books.

Whether Jesus was crucified by a cross, a stake, a pole or a big stick....He was crucified.

Again; this has nothing to do with this thread. If you are not a Christian, why are you interrupting a thread relating to how Christians feel about each other?

Well, if you are going to be anal about this, how do you justify making the contradictory statement that the Jesus wasn't crucified because the ancient Greek work used in the New Testament Bible is "stauros"? The term stauros does imply crucifiction. In all instances that stauros is used in the New Testament, it implies the Greek usage of that term to mean crucifiction. From Strong's Concordance Greek Dictionary of the New Testament;

word number 4716: Used 28 times, stauros; a stake, post or cross stand (stao) used as an instrument of capital punishment.

stauros denotes (1) "the cross, or stake itself," e.g. Mt 27:32; (2) "the crucifiction suffered," e.g. 1 Cor 1:17 (3) Gal 5:11 where crucifixion is metaphorically used lf the renunciation of the world, that characterizes the true Christian life or (4) The judicial custom by which the condemned person carried his stake to the place of execution......

There are many uses for most older words because there were just not as many specifically defined words 2,000 years ago as there are today. All etomological scholars of today agree with the Strong's usages of ancient Greek terms used in the New Testament books.

Whether Jesus was crucified by a cross, a stake, a pole or a big stick....He was crucified.

Again; this has nothing to do with this thread. If you are not a Christian, why are you interrupting a thread relating to how Christians feel about each other?
    This thread has so many branches it's beginning to resemble a sketch of an evergreen tree...

...just in time for Christmas
    TB

Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 64649505152535455565758596061 LastLast