Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes: Christian

34 72.34%
  • no: not a Christian

13 27.66%
Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3841424344454647484950515253545558 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post

Given that I think that the bible is purely the work of men, I think that probably the bible was the construct of men disgusted with the state of the world.

It never seizes to amaze me how folks can post this stuff, have you ever read "ALL" the Bible? if so you would have read that a lot of things happening today "right now" were prophisized about so I guess all this is just coinendence all this stuff that is falling in line with the Bible prophesy.
    Trust me Bible prophecy does reveals end times answers.
    So wars and rumors of wars have already taken place and will continue.
    Nation does already rise up against nation.
    The outbreaks of infectious antibiotical resistant diseases are on the uprise, and that is in America alone.
    And people all over the world are starving to death.
    And earthquakes are happening even in places that earthquakes should not be happening, according to scientists. All of these are the beginning of sorrow, or the beginning of birth pangs. There is so much more to come after these events, but you do have the right to believe what you want just as I do but I also see the writing all over the wall and you would to if you just listened to Fox or CNN for one day.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    ďExperience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by icchvac View Post
    You unbelievers that post here should just stop buying things, there is no need, it's all for nothing, will come to nothing, in the end you are just dead, your life meant nothing and accomplished nothing. Why waste time even living if you have no reason for being here? You have no hope for anything better. Unbelievers, what a hopeless life you have.
    Wow, man.

I guess I kinda rest my case!

Whatever...
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by icchvac View Post
    Unbelievers, what a hopeless life you have.

No technically they don't have a hopeless life there is always hope with Jesus Christ and I have seen some totally amazing death bed salvations in my life.
    ďExperience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    It never seizes to amaze me how folks can post this stuff, have you ever read "ALL" the Bible?
    Yes, Mr. Bill. I have read ALL of the bible. I guess you can't imagine anyone not "getting it" as you did.

You are a good guy Mr. Bill, but again, you guys are sort of making my point for me here with each and every post.

Yes, Mr. Bill. I have read ALL of the bible. I guess you can't imagine anyone not "getting it" as you did.
    Yes I can even Christians are the best with "wresting the scriptures" it has been going on since garden times. You know, Eve giving Adam the fruit of her lips.

For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive. For your obedience is known to all, so that I rejoice over you, but I want you to be wise as to what is good and innocent as to what is evil.

The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Note the apostle does not say befriend them in hopes of reconciliation. Rather do as another witness testifies in Titus 3:9-11 regarding false doctrine," But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless.

As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful, he is self-condemned.

Both are equally true,men can't believe as well as won't believe. We may disagree and not part company at times but other times we cannot honor God and not part company at the same time. Psalm 119:63 My Dad always told me never trust a man who hasn't suffered.

Christians are the best with "wresting the scriptures"
    I like Numba's version best - "bible olympics"

Let me just interject that a simple reading of the Bibles will not allow a person to come close to understanding it's teachings. Studying the Bibles extensively will get us closer but even that is erroneous due to the language and cultural misinterpretations.

That stated, has anyone noticed that a few more voters have cast their ballots that we Christians who follow scripture and therefore do not recognize Christmas and Easter as Christian holidays, are not actually Christians?

I would like to get back to why we Christians who deny Pagan iconry in leiu of sticking to the teachings of Jesus Christ are not Christians.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cureÖ
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by sline-dawg View Post
    Much to do about nothing.....

The American Indian told more believable tales while eating peyote.....

You guys can't just live here and be happy.... NO,you have to be better or smarter than someone else.....know something better..... Whatever... Christians.....Sheeesh.
    You're claiming to know better that it's just "stories" we're slingin'. Don't blame others for what your own post does.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post

I would like to get back to why we Christians who deny Pagan iconry in leiu of sticking to the teachings of Jesus Christ are not Christians.
    Romans 14:5
    5 One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Let me just interject that a simple reading of the Bibles will not allow a person to come close to understanding it's teachings. Studying the Bibles extensively will get us closer but even that is erroneous due to the language and cultural misinterpretations.

That stated, has anyone noticed that a few more voters have cast their ballots that we Christians who follow scripture and therefore do not recognize Christmas and Easter as Christian holidays, are not actually Christians?
    so i'm not the only one seeing that
    ďThey must find it difficultÖ
    Those who have authority as the truth,
    rather than truth as the authority.Ē

That is a very interesting question, sys.

Given that I think that the bible is purely the work of men, I think that probably the bible was the constuct of men disgusted with the state of the world. After all, the beginnings of being civilized were just that. And man, as is his nature, stumbled on this path. Sometimes greatly.

So, it is likely that some well-intentioned men got together and constructed the bible; at least in my mind.......
    I know it is insulting, and I am sorry but you asked, but I view the bible as a "crutch" for what man can't accept.
    The Bible is here to prove God's right to rule as the Sovereign Lord of the Universe and creator and that the way he set up the world is the best.

An angel challenged that and became Satan. God immediately declared a solution in Genesis 3:15 for people which ends up to be the ransom sacrifice of Jesus.

After sufficient time has passed for man to test out all self rule, God will have enough proof to put things back to the way he designed and people that want to serve him (with the right motives) will remain. He lets all make that decision on their own.

There is no way the Bible can be simply a construct of man as it was written over too many generations to carry the theme through. (this would have to be a new thread)

Anyway, I'd state if you haven't understood this theme of the Bible you have to reconsider. It's more of a long drawn out court case establishing precedent. Once precedent is established there is no need to revisit future rebellion.

..I would like to get back to why we Christians who deny Pagan iconry in leiu of sticking to the teachings of Jesus Christ are not Christians.
    It's an admission thing. Asking people to give up years of "fun" and doctrines to do what's right is too much of a problem. It's no different than the discussion of a Trinity. If you had to remove all the non-Biblical paganism out of Christmas and Easter there wouldn't be anything left and people just don't want that. What people don't want to acknowledge is that it is not what they want that counts.

Some people like it better with the blinders on and the ears tickled.

Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3841424344454647484950515253545558 ... LastLast