Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes: Christian

34 72.34%
  • no: not a Christian

13 27.66%
Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3740414243444546474849505152535457 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Okay, now you are arguing with yourself. Took longer this time.
    Clueless. Freakin' cluleless.
    Can I help it if it's that far over your head?
    Maybe if you used a ladder...
    Well, now. This explains a lot. You obviously don't know anything about Christianity...1st century OR present day.
    {} must've been recruited by al queda during the Thanksgiving holiday. He prolly should'a been kept locked in his room for his own safety.
    The above is what posting while in a drunken stupor looks like.

If I might make a friendly suggestion; clean up your own backyard. EDIT (I only got back to page 35)
    There's reason for the responses of mine you quoted. But perhaps you're right. I'm gonna back off for a while. Not because YOU say so. And certainly not because of Kj who is probably kin to geer. But for the integrity of ARPC.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Smile

10-4. Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kj342 View Post
    I'd say this whole sight sucks just because of these 2 backyard preachers who study the bible for the sole pupose of contention. Everybody bad, Bootlen and TB good.

I wish you both get your wish and send everyone to hell and have heaven for your two selves.
    If you don't like the thread then don't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kj342 View Post
    10-4. Will do.
    Thanks

Enjoy the site.

Much to do about nothing.....

The American Indian told more believable tales while eating peyote.....

You guys can't just live here and be happy.... NO,you have to be better or smarter than someone else.....know something better..... Whatever... Christians.....Sheeesh.

NO,you have to be better or smarter than someone else.....know something better..... Whatever... Christians.....Sheeesh.
    It's not just Christians SD, this comes full circle to what I said in the OP of "Why I Don't Believe" and in fact I will quote from there.

What is the greatest ill of mankind? Well, maybe your idea of what that thing is and what my idea of that thing is happens to be different. Yes, that’s allowed. The problem comes along when we argue which is right. If we simply accepted that we have different points of view, we’d be ok. But we don’t. We each must reaffirm ourselves, myself included, by being right as much as possible.

To me, I just demonstrated the greatest ill of man in that last paragraph. Our seeming inability to accept the diversity of man. Our need to be right. Even worse, our need to cast others down as being wrong. It is this simple reason, that no, Mr. Rodney King, we can’t all just get along. We could if we accepted the diversity of man and the diversity of opinion, but we don’t.
    Man, as a species, has the tendancy to group with those most like himself. Those who share similar belief's and values... and even in some cases physical attributes. Then a given group... whatever that group may be... tends to look down on other groups who do not share thier views as some combination as wrong, flawed or bad. This is the very basis for racism.

People cannot understand those who do not think as they do. So the only possible choice is that they are right and others are wrong.

That is not to say that every case is ABOUT racism, it is much larger than that. Racism is an extreme result of one of the tendancies of man.

I fall in to this trap (well... not racism I hope lol) as well even knowing about it. I hope that knowing about it makes the effect less in my case, but who knows?

THAT is why it is the greatest ill of man. You can't avoid it even with knowledge of it. THAT is why the bible is fundamentally flawed in its premise that all men can accept one idea or ideal as an absolute. It is impossible. The stated "choice" is a sham.

We see it here every single day. But watch for the upcoming replies of denial of my observations of the human condition. *chuckle* - that in itself will be quite human.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    ....Not because YOU say so. ...
    Of course not. It's an admission issue for you. I understand that much.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    THAT is why it is the greatest ill of man. You can't avoid it even with knowledge of it. THAT is why the bible is fundamentally flawed in its premise that all men can accept one idea or ideal as an absolute. It is impossible. The stated "choice" is a sham.

We see it here every single day. But watch for the upcoming replies of denial of my observations of the human condition. *chuckle* - that in itself will be quite human.
    What do you think the purpose of the Bible is?

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    What do you think the purpose of the Bible is?
    That is a very interesting question, sys.

Given that I think that the bible is purely the work of men, I think that probably the bible was the constuct of men disgusted with the state of the world. After all, the beginnings of being civilized were just that. And man, as is his nature, stumbled on this path. Sometimes greatly.

So, it is likely that some well-intentioned men got together and constructed the bible; at least in my mind.

Humans are both weak and supremely arrogant at the same time. Our weakness fails to give a rational explanation for the loss of a loved one; yet we need to "make sense" of it. As if there were a rational explantion for the timing of a biological process. And we are supremely arrogant in our notion that we are God's chosen among all of creation, and that there is no possibility to "the end" of our beings. We are too great, too complex, too aware and intelligent to just "poof"... so we need a comfortable story that says that isn't so.

I know it is insulting, and I am sorry but you asked, but I view the bible as a "crutch" for what man can't accept.

And we are supremely arrogant in our notion that we are God's chosen among all of creation, and that there is no possibility to "the end" of our beings. We are too great, too complex, too aware and intelligent to just "poof"... so we need a comfortable story that says that isn't so.

I know it is insulting, and I am sorry but you asked, but I view the bible as a "crutch" for what man can't accept.

Could not have stated it any better.....kudos dog..

So, it is likely that some well-intentioned men got together and constructed the bible; at least in my mind.
    You've effectively state the obvious.

Humans are both weak and supremely arrogant at the same time. Our weakness fails to give a rational explanation for the loss of a loved one; yet we need to "make sense" of it. As if there were a rational explantion for the timing of a biological process. And we are supremely arrogant in our notion that we are God's chosen among all of creation, and that there is no possibility to "the end" of our beings. We are too great, too complex, too aware and intelligent to just "poof"... so we need a comfortable story that says that isn't so.
    But you're arguing convolutions here. Keep it simple. All one needs to justify belief in God, the Bible, the prophetic individual is simply a recognition that life isn't simply a physics event. And if one accepts the existence of an intelligent creator, logic points you to inevitable conclusion that the act of creation has a purpose. Otherwise, why the bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Schoen View Post
    You've effectively state the obvious.

But you're arguing convolutions here. Keep it simple. All one needs to justify belief in God, the Bible, the prophetic individual is simply a recognition that life isn't simply a physics event. And if one accepts the existence of an intelligent creator, logic points you to inevitable conclusion that the act of creation has a purpose. Otherwise, why the bother?
    Ahhh. But I am not concluding that life is simply a physics event. Else I would not call myself agnostic, eh?

I am simply saying that the bible cannot represent our creator (if one exists). It is too flawed and rife with what I would call "the signature flaws of man".

I am perfectly willing to accept things being "created", as long as you give me a plausible story of a creator. Else things simply become "science we don't yet know".

Welcome, Andy. It's been a while since you've been in these discussions.

You unbelievers that post here should just stop buying things, there is no need, it's all for nothing, will come to nothing, in the end you are just dead, your life meant nothing and accomplished nothing. Why waste time even living if you have no reason for being here? You have no hope for anything better. Unbelievers, what a hopeless life you have.

Saten would love for you to believe the above.

Do you feel good reading the above text?

God loves you.

He wants you to love him too.

Page 47 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3740414243444546474849505152535457 ... LastLast