Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes: Christian

34 72.34%
  • no: not a Christian

13 27.66%
Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3639404142434445464748495051525356 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Yeah, and architects are significantly more knowledgable on the subject of building houses than I am. But you can bet yer sweet donkey that I would never build a house AROUND and air handler in such a way that the only way to change it out is to dismantle the old and the new. And this is just a very insignificant example of "significantly more knowledgable".

So much for "significantly more knowledgable".
    And we've all seen that trick, havent we?
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Proverbs 8 comes back to you now calling Jesus "wisdom".

Show me whereby divine was only used for God.
    No, actually prov. 8 would have been Hebrew. I was thinking of 1 Pet. 3:15. The word translated as "reason" is logos.

1 Peter 3:15
    15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer (apology) to everyone who asks you to give the reason (logos) for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
    Last edited by TB; 12-06-2007 at 03:08 PM.
    TB

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

This is speculation.

If God invites somebody to sit on HIS throne as he does that's his choice.
    A choice which He said He wouldn't make.

Isaiah 42:8
    8 ďI am the LORD; that is my name!
    I will not give my glory to another
    or my praise to idols.
    TB

I am perfectly able to make commentary on my own.

I have stated I'd defend the NWT as accurate, so I guess JW's aren't offensive to me. Regarding the concept of the Trinity, I think the JW doctrine against that notion is supported in scripture. I actually don't know where JW's have a written doctrine on this so I can only go by the general posting.

There would be other JW doctrine that I could simply not defend. Actually I'd state it indefensible. That doesn't make it offensive either, but makes it indefensible. Almost like the doctrine of the Trinity. Typically, doctrines pile up on themselves. The doctrine of the Trinity actually has supporting doctrine to help explain it. By contrast, the Bible has no such requirement, and if you peel away man written doctrines like the Trinity God is easily understood.

What puzzles me is why you would like to put me in some category. I can only conclude it may be for angles of personal attack, however subtle it may be. What other reason would there be?

I much prefer concentrating on the grammar and scripture and leaving the doctrine behind, because it encourages others to attempt to do the same.
    Hasn't it been the case that I have referred to you as a JW in the past, and not in a derogatory manner, and you took offence?
    TB

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    A choice which He said He wouldn't make.

Isaiah 42:8
    8 ďI am the LORD; that is my name!
    I will not give my glory to another
    or my praise to idols.
    What does that have to to with where people sit? Speculation. Anyway, his name isn't LORD. How come you choose not to use it?

Nobody else has "thrones" in heaven?

Hasn't it been the case that I have referred to you as a JW in the past, and not in a derogatory manner, and you took offence?
    I don't think so. What I'd like to know is why you care? What does it matter? What's your point? And finally, move on. You have a very recent quote and hopefully you have read it thoroughly.

And we've all seen that trick, havent we?
    I'll just wait here for an intelligent response. Bear in mind I'm not holding my breath as I'd surely be dead by the time you come up with one. It certainly is interesting to me you are here when you could be running your church with all the knowledge in your head. Where you get it nobody knows as you don't really quote ANY sources. Also, you have a very limited scope of knowledge about grammatical structure, but you sure are quick to comment about it.

No, actually prov. 8 would have been Hebrew. I was thinking of 1 Pet. 3:15. The word translated as "reason" is logos.

1 Peter 3:15
    15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer (apology) to everyone who asks you to give the reason (logos) for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
    So there's no Greek manuscripts of the OT? ... Interesting.

Frown

I'd say this whole sight sucks just because of these 2 backyard preachers who study the bible for the sole pupose of contention. Everybody bad, Bootlen and TB good.

I wish you both get your wish and send everyone to hell and have heaven for your two selves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kj342 View Post
    I'd say this whole sight sucks just because of these 2 backyard preachers who study the bible for the sole pupose of contention. Everybody bad, Bootlen and TB good.

I wish you both get your wish and send everyone to hell and have heaven for your two selves.
    First off, welcome to H-Talk and the ARP forum.

If I may give you a friendly suggestion, you might try making a positive contribution to the forum instead of coming in as a brand new member and blasting away. The purpose of ARP is to discuss various ideas and opinions. There's some good folks here, many of which are quite intelligent. Condemning them all for expressing their opinions will not be well received.

Please feel free to join in the debate, but be advised that you must remain civil.

Thank you,

ARP Committee

Okay, now you are arguing with yourself. Took longer this time.
    Clueless. Freakin' cluleless.
    Can I help it if it's that far over your head?
    Maybe if you used a ladder...
    Well, now. This explains a lot. You obviously don't know anything about Christianity...1st century OR present day.
    {} must've been recruited by al queda during the Thanksgiving holiday. He prolly should'a been kept locked in his room for his own safety.
    The above is what posting while in a drunken stupor looks like.

If I might make a friendly suggestion; clean up your own backyard. EDIT (I only got back to page 35)
    Last edited by sysint; 12-06-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kj342 View Post
    I'd say this whole sight sucks ....
    K Fridge is correct in suggesting you don't be a Boot. Problem with Boot is that he is ON the committee so you simply have to fight harder to avoid going gutter with him because he slings trash liberally. I'll be the first to admit I've got a couple retaliatory posts at him, but I think the only real moderating has to be done on your own.

I understand your observations. I look forward to seeing your content.

K Fridge is correct in suggesting you don't be a Boot. Problem with Boot is that he is ON the committee so you simply have to fight harder to avoid going gutter with him because he slings trash liberally. I'll be the first to admit I've got a couple retaliatory posts at him, but I think the only real moderating has to be done on your own.

I understand your observations. I look forward to seeing your content.
    No, I wasn't associating him with any poster. Please don't put words in my e-mouth. I was asking him to be respectful of all the various opinions, including yours.

If you feel that Boots has broken a rule, please use the e-mail address in the ARP Rules to file a complaint. I assure you that the committee will give it fair and impartial consideration.

Thank you.

Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3639404142434445464748495051525356 ... LastLast