View Poll Results: would you call him/her a Christian

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes: Christian

34 72.34%
  • no: not a Christian

13 27.66%
Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3437383940414243444546474849505154 ... LastLast
    That has to be one of your most foolish comments to date. The whole image is a page from the Emphatic Diaglott. So, you state in one sentence it is perverted and bastardized, then go on to say it's correct in your second sentence.

EDIT: I've got to quote this before you change it....

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    You, sys, have posted a bastardized and perverted interlinear version of Scripture.

Look in the right hand column and it is correctly translated. Except for "it".

The article "a" is not part of the original, Emphatic Diaglott or no.

I said the interlinear is incorrect. The right hand column is correct.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

That would be indefinite article and it is acceptable since the Greek version of showing indefinite is simply not using anything. In English we have either "a" or "an". If you actually look at it you have a "THE GOD" (definite) and simply a god with no definite article. What you want to do is conveniently ignore English grammar to support your doctrine. Goodspeed and Moffat were not going to be so blatantly false. At least you could honestly use: "In the beginning the Word was with THE GOD.... you know to be consistent. But you don't. You would rather falsify what was actually written to support your doctrine.

Even so, that doesn't stop your grammatical problem with 2 Cor. 4:4 where Satan is called "THE GOD" or why Jesus is described WITH God in John 1:2.

With your reasoning that makes Satan God.

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    The article "a" is not part of the original, Emphatic Diaglott or no. I said the interlinear is incorrect. The right hand column is correct.
    The whole thing is the Emphatic Diaglott. Either you take it all or you don't. That's the way it is. Sorry you don't like it when it's more obvious to see the origination of your Scripture you used heavily to support your doctrine doesn't really say what you want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    The whole thing is the Emphatic Diaglott. Either you take it all or you don't. That's the way it is. Sorry you don't like it when it's more obvious to see the origination of your Scripture you used heavily to support your doctrine doesn't really say what you want it to.
    Clueless. Freakin' cluleless. (Not a name....a state of being.)

Do you say "the Jesus"? No, you say simply"Jesus". The word Jesus is a name and requires no article, definite or indefinite. God also can be used as a name, as it is in John 1. No article is used for that reason.

Where I said and you say there is a definite article is with "Word".

As to taking the "whole thing" as truth, you are quite incorrect. Satan himself mixes lies with the truth.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Beautiful, Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!

What's with this Jehovah stuff, Hebrew does not have a letter "J",

Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    Poor Bootlen. This scripture is fulfilled on you: (1 Timothy 1:5-7) Really the objective of this mandate is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy. 6 By deviating from these things certain ones have been turned aside into idle talk, 7 wanting to be teachers of law, but not perceiving either the things they are saying or the things about which they are making strong assertions.

As we continue to go deeper into the topic of the trinity, or the proper translation of the bible, or any other topic, you will see the following occur:

(Malachi 3:18) And YOU people will again certainly see [the distinction] between a righteous one and a wicked one, between one serving God and one who has not served him.
    AS your posts get more extreme, your credibility will fall.

You should ask yourself: (Genesis 4:6-7) At this Jehovah said to Cain: ďWhy are you hot with anger and why has your countenance fallen? 7 If you turn to doing good, will there not be an exaltation? But if you do not turn to doing good, there is sin crouching at the entrance, and for you is its craving; and will you, for your part, get the mastery over it?
    Although you may not agree, I know you can get mastery, if you choose not to, there will be no exultation, and the effect of the Holy Spirit, with its peace, reasonableness, love, etc. will be seen to be lacking before all.....
    In fact the palo Hebrew the original language of Yahweh, uses the name Yahweh 7000 times never does he use Jehovah as his name. He is refered to as Elowhim, which is a plural denoting his character as Yahweh, Yahushua, and the Spirit.

To Bootlen rebuking what he sees as false teaching, he is correct in his methods if this teaching would lead others away from salvation. Yahweh hates false teachers, they are damned, not because of what they are teaching but because of the souls they steal.

Interesting AND (dare I say it) nonconfrontational:

Bethlehem (jesus birth place) is translated literally - house of bread

And jesus was the bread from heaven.

Nazareth, Jesus' childhood home, literally treanslates 'sprout town' town of sprouts... anyhow.

So when jesus the 'nazarene' (sprout-town-er ?) was called before the pharisees, and they asked one another, 'look and see that no prophet is to be raised up from galilee' they missed this scripture:
    (Zechariah 6:12-13) ďĎThis is what Jehovah of armies has said: ďHere is the man whose name is Sprout. And from his own place he will sprout, and he will certainly build the temple of Jehovah. 13 And he himself will build the temple of Jehovah, and he, for his part, will carry [the] dignity; and he must sit down and rule on his throne, and he must become a priest upon his throne,

They were calling him jesus the sprout practically.

Spiffy, yes?
    So now God is the Jolly Green Giant?

Ho, Ho, Ho.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Interesting AND (dare I say it) nonconfrontational:

Bethlehem (jesus birth place) is translated literally - house of bread

And jesus was the bread from heaven.

Nazareth, Jesus' childhood home, literally treanslates 'sprout town' town of sprouts... anyhow.

So when jesus the 'nazarene' (sprout-town-er ?) was called before the pharisees, and they asked one another, 'look and see that no prophet is to be raised up from galilee' they missed this scripture:
    (Zechariah 6:12-13) ďĎThis is what Jehovah of armies has said: ďHere is the man whose name is Sprout. And from his own place he will sprout, and he will certainly build the temple of Jehovah. 13 And he himself will build the temple of Jehovah, and he, for his part, will carry [the] dignity; and he must sit down and rule on his throne, and he must become a priest upon his throne,

They were calling him jesus the sprout practically.

Spiffy, yes?
    Interesting, yes.

And Zachariah was also saying that Jesus is the temple of God, is the dignity of that temple, and will rule from the throne of the temple...a place only God should be
    TB

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Goodspeed and Moffat state "and the Word was divine".
    And they were pretty close to the original meaning of the word logos, but not quite. One problem is the word logos carries with it the meaning "to reason," and that is not reflected in the word "divine". The other problem is the word "divine" was at one time used exclusively for God, but that is not true anymore. Now days the word divine has been so watered down that the phrase as they translated it, no longer communicates accurately what was meant by the original Gk.
    TB

Then let's look at it all.

The diaglott in the interlinear part, renders the first "theos" as simply "God", yet the second "theos" as "a god" That is inconsistent. Theos was simply a genaric word for God, just like our word "god".

Then the Diaglott uses an english version that renders 1:1c as "...and the word was God", thus defeating its own attempt at perverting the translation as "...a god."

So, you either have to take the whole diaglott, or leave it. I will leave it, since it can't even get its own story straight on the same page, with the same verse.
    TB

Quote Originally Posted by AtticAce View Post
    In fact the palo Hebrew the original language of Yahweh, uses the name Yahweh 7000 times never does he use Jehovah as his name. He is refered to as Elowhim, which is a plural denoting his character as Yahweh, Yahushua, and the Spirit.

To Bootlen rebuking what he sees as false teaching, he is correct in his methods if this teaching would lead others away from salvation. Yahweh hates false teachers, they are damned, not because of what they are teaching but because of the souls they steal.
    "Jehovah" is the German attempt at pronouncing the consonants we render as "Yahweh".
    TB

alsify what was actually written to support your doctrine.

Even so, that doesn't stop your grammatical problem with 2 Cor. 4:4 where Satan is called "THE GOD" or why Jesus is described WITH God in John 1:2.
    Well, if you're confused with that, then maybe you should put it back in its context with its prepositional phrase that qualifies which god "the god" is in that context---The god of this age...

See what happens when you start quoting scripture out of context, you get confused.
    TB

Ah I'm just annoyed, don't mind me. The conversations run smooth till they hit that speed bump, that is all. Would just be good to get that one worked out.
    Then lets work it out.

If you'll recall, the thread Boot started just before Thanksgiving, where He wished everyone a happy thanksgiving, many of the heartfelt responces were from us guys right here bashing each other, with equal sentiments. I doubt that any of us, if standing face to face, would take a swing at anyone else. ('cept maybe I might swing at wolfdog, only 'cause he's like 6'4"---just kidding wolfy, love ya man, )

In the quote from me that you referred to, why would that offend you, if they were watchtower sites you quoted from? If they weren't, then I was wrong and the offence is mine, not yours. And if they were the only sites you could find your support on, then wouldn't that suggest the point was exclusive to only a few groups?

Numba, I believe you are either a JW yourself, or if not, were one at one time, because of some of the things you have said, and I think sysint has identified that too. Now since you have not revealed your affiliation, I could be wrong in my assumption, so I'm coming clean right now to get it out in the open. That raises the question for you (and sysint), if you are not JW's, then why, since your belief system closely resembles their own, is it offensive to you to be identified with them?
    TB

Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3437383940414243444546474849505154 ... LastLast