Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes: Christian

34 72.34%
  • no: not a Christian

13 27.66%
Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3134353637383940414243444546474851 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kj342 View Post
    What a waste. Reading how you all fight over who or whats right about all this christianity stuff is really sickening. Bootlen and TB with their holier than thou postings are the worst. Good luck sysint, your Christian spirit seems the most civil to me. Just an 'opinion'.
    Another JW opinion.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    BoM, PoGP, and D&C.
    Sounds like TCP/IP networking protocols

Janism, and a few others, including Islam (very, very similar to mormonism).
    That is interesting..... Islam and mormons... I'll sit and chew on that for a little while. I know only a little about Islam, and just barely more about mormons.

The main conclusion I drew from all this is that there are only two religions in the world: Christianity, and the occult. Everything but Christianity are very similar to each other, some almost identicle.
    I think this is very true even in my limited exposure to occult practices. And even then, as you said earlier, catholicism has deviated so far, they could get lumped into that same boat. That all makes perfect sense to me.

Nowhere in any of my reading did I ever run into a triune deity, except in Christianity and the Bible.
    I can see you have devoted much more time to this particular area than I have, but would you care to make any comment on the links I posted?

Last of all, the Doctrine of Jehovahs Witnesses.
    Not to get too off track, but you and boot are the only ones that I've ever met that use that particular religious affiliation as an epithet. Really, the only ones to use ANY religious affiliation as an insult. I don't hear anybody saying 'you're just a dumb mormon!' or 'take your islamic reasonings someplace else.' 'sounds like a Wiccan opinion to me' (just for example) what did they do to you guys? They seem harmless enough.

***I just started logging on using netscape, and this allows me to start using all the smileys and other features, before dumb IE limited me to text only. so I may get a little 'smiley crazy' since I had been hindered all this time..
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

In all honesty though, If I ever found a thinker like #1, or sysint
    Oh yeah!?!?

You're the....thinker....around here......

So there!!

Quote Originally Posted by numbawunfela View Post
    Not to get too off track, but you and boot are the only ones that I've ever met that use that particular religious affiliation as an epithet. Really, the only ones to use ANY religious affiliation as an insult. I don't hear anybody saying 'you're just a dumb mormon!' or 'take your islamic reasonings someplace else.' 'sounds like a Wiccan opinion to me' (just for example) what did they do to you guys? They seem harmless enough.
    You don't see that happening here either...at least not by TB, icc, or me.

Anyone who would lead another to hell using false doctrine is hardly "harmless". That is what JW doctrine does. And it does not matter if one calls one's self a JW or not...false doctrine is false doctrine.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Uhhhhh........

Another JW opinion.

sorry about the smileys......
    can't help myself.....

Anyone who would lead another to hell using false doctrine is hardly "harmless". That is what JW doctrine does. And it does not matter if one calls one's self a JW or not...false doctrine is false doctrine.

Grossenwahnsinn...

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Oh yeah!?!?

You're the....thinker....around here......

So there!!

Well that would explain why I get real nervous when I talk to myself. I guess I should stop carrying two cell phones at work then...but sometimes I need the tech support...
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

That was a couple years ago...er...maybe last year. Anyways we had a pretty good string running on mommons (yup, spelled correct from the thread title). Don't know how many posts, but it lasted 6 or 8 months.

I don't think either one of us means it insulting, after all, why would we consider it a possible insult to accuse someone of being something they're proud of, (and if they ain't proud of it, then why be it).

I was raised in an...what I will call, an inoculating religion. Most of the young people that grew up in it, left, the first chance they got. Many of them don't seem to find their way back, because they, "...been there, done that". Many Catholics are the same way, I think. They don't hear the call back, because the way they were raised within the church gave them such a distaste about what they were taught the Bible said, they aren't interested to find out what it really says. Part of it is the ppower of "first impressions". We can be "taught" what a passage says so well that every time we read it, that is what we hear, even though the reality is that that is not what it is saying. When I first started to read the Bible myself, and found disagreeing statements in it with what I was taught, I thought I was being heretical--that I was going to really piss God off for doubting the pastor who told me what it was supposed to have said. When I finally asked Jesus what He meant though, those confused passages started revealing themselves in a new light and things started falling in place. Jesus was showing me what he meant.

I spose its because of my own experience, but I tend to feel for those trapped in bad theology, or false doctrine, because that's what they were taught. I believe it is easier for an occultist, to become Christian, than for those escaping an inoculating religion. I think that's what Jesus was talking about in:
    Matthew 23:15
    15 ďWoe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

Like God does with us, I tend to attack the doctrine of those inoculating religions first, to reveal the faulty foundation, before the need for the True God can be seen. I think thats the only way they can realize that what they rest their hope on is not what they thought it was. Of the many out there, IMO Mormonism is the most deceptive, with JW's and Catholicism closely following.

And I have been guilty of all your "epithet quotes", with the exception of calling someone stupid because he's mormon.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Uhhhhh........

sorry about the smileys......
    can't help myself.....
    You consider saying someone posting a JW opinion to be insulting or name-calling?

Very telling.

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Grossenwahnsinn...

Roy
    If that is a person, I never heard of him. If it is a word, I never heard of it.

Proud member of KA Club

You don't see that happening here either...at least not by TB, icc, or me. Anyone who would lead another to hell using false doctrine is hardly "harmless". ...false doctrine is false doctrine.
    This is interesting to me. You have a central doctrine that must be mostly explained outside of scripture put together officially in the 4th century. Yet, it still remains a mystery for the items not specifically spelled out in the doctrine. Not only that , but you have claimed independence from Catholicism, so you should really have a Trinity doctrine of your own. Where can I read up on that one? I'd like to find definitions for terms you use like "God the Son" or "God the Holy Spirit" which are found nowhere in the Bible. EDIT I'd also like the answer long ago on how Jesus could be tempted by the Devil, being God when elsewhere in the Bible it states God cannot be tempted. I'd also like your doctrinal source on hellfire for "separation from God" and whereby it states when Jesus was in hell it was some sort of separation, but for other people there seems to be a whole new level of burning hell for them.

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    This is interesting to me. You have a central doctrine that must be mostly explained outside of scripture put together officially in the 4th century. Yet, it still remains a mystery for the items not specifically spelled out in the doctrine. Not only that , but you have claimed independence from Catholicism, so you should really have a Trinity doctrine of your own. Where can I read up on that one? I'd like to find definitions for terms you use like "God the Son" or "God the Holy Spirit" which are found nowhere in the Bible. EDIT I'd also like the answer long ago on how Jesus could be tempted by the Devil, being God when elsewhere in the Bible it states God cannot be tempted. I'd also like your doctrinal source on hellfire for "separation from God" and whereby it states when Jesus was in hell it was some sort of separation, but for other people there seems to be a whole new level of burning hell for them.
    Maybe if you used a ladder...

Proud member of KA Club

Best I can figure.........Big Madness.....

Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3134353637383940414243444546474851 ... LastLast