View Poll Results: would you call him/her a Christian

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes: Christian

34 72.34%
  • no: not a Christian

13 27.66%
Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast
    I say we burn chocolate bunnies and santas in the streets in protest of the abuse of these false pagan holidays.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    I say we burn chocolate bunnies and santas in the streets in protest of the abuse of these false pagan holidays.
    For Easter, I'm more in favor of dispensing with the childish symbolism and going back to celebrating the fertility festival in the appropriate manner.

There were also some entertaining traditions for celebrating the rebirth/triumph of the sun god on the Sol Invictus(now Christmas), in some pagan cultures.

Them pagans sure were horny!
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by makinmoney View Post
    My question would be define "Celebrate"?
    Yus, Yus!

Before I cast my vote, this is the correct question. Define celebrate. There is a world of difference between "celebrate", "recognize" and "ignore". What are we talking here?
    Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2Ę.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

(K Fridge) The dates of these event are not in question by me. Just the celebration of them and if u donít than r u a Christian?

(Makinmoney)
    Definition:
    celebrate =To observe (a day or event) with ceremonies of respect, festivity, or rejoicing
    Observe = To keep in anyway

(Glennac8) Go fight the Muslims or whatever and stop trying to create dissention in the Christian community.

How can I create whatís already done
    Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Protestantism, Conservative, Mainline, Liberal, Adventist, Baptist, Lutheran, Reform, ,Arminianism, British Israelism, Calvinism, Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, Protestantism ÖÖ

(Oloenneker) The OP was and is not pushing any group

I'm an non practicing Catholic and I celebrate these as part of our culture.
    GO GREEN HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    No, as far as I remember, Robo also has no use for Easter and Christmas. There is also no doubt that he is a Christian.

As for me, I'm not religous but have no problem with the holidays.
    I have given myself to Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour and no, I do not celebrate Christmas or Easter for all of the reasons that have been correctly given.

I have no problems with having annual celebrations for nature's virtues of providing for us through the winter and reviving itself in Spring's rebirth of nature. I don't even have an issue with acknowledging the Pagan beliefs in these matters. For that matter, I don't consider Paganism to be against God in many aspects such as their celebrations of nature.

What I do have issues with is putting Jesus Christ's name to Pagan rituals. The only reason Christmas and Easter exist is because the Roman Catholic Church under the rule of Pagan leadership was forced to make Christianity more palatible to Pagans by allowing Pagans to keep their annual ritualistic celebrations.

Christmas and Easter are not about Jesus Christ. Jesus was injected into Pagan rituals so that Pagans would be more accepting of Jesus. This is about the worst thing that could happen to us. Instead of teaching the Good News to Pagans and allowing those Pagans to accept Christ as their Lord and Saviour by the means that Jesus Christ teaches us, we have basically tricked Pagans to claim to be Christians.

This is exactly the bastardization of Christ's teachings that has led to the so called Christian attacks on the peoples of the world. The Crusades were about as Christ like as Hitler's Germany was.

Easter and Christmas are lies. These rituals must be abolished by all Christian organizations just as Muslims must renounce the killings of infidels. There is absolutely no room for Christmas or Easter in the teachings of Jesus Christ.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cureÖ
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by DocHVAC View Post
    I'm an non practicing Catholic and I celebrate these as part of our culture.
    A non practicing Catholic? If there were such a thing, then I am a non practicing gigilo.

By your admission, you are not Catholic. In my opinion, that is a good thing. I do not mean to offend Catholics with my commentary, only to state that if you are a Catholic who believes entirely in the myths, legends and Pagan dogma of Catholisism, then you are not following the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Its 2 Hot View Post
    If someone told you I am a Christian but I donít celebrate Christmas or Easter! what would you say to that person ?
    You can thank God for the greatest gift of all during your prayers [I do] , Jesus Christ. God gave us the worldly Jesus, and Jesus us His worldly self. Which is pretty much the christian attachment to those holidays. Holidays come once a year, prayers may be weekly or several times in a day even. I voted yes.

Of course, I hope you are not being a total grinch about it either. If you have kids of nephews or nieces you can still buy a few presents from santa[wal-mart]clause and paint a few bunny-eggs. I know you gotta have relatives who would like you to come visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    You can thank God for the greatest gift of all during your prayers [I do] , Jesus Christ. God gave us the worldly Jesus, and Jesus us His worldly self. Which is pretty much the christian attachment to those holidays. Holidays come once a year, prayers may be weekly or several times in a day even. I voted yes.

Of course, I hope you are not being a total grinch about it either. If you have kids of nephews or nieces you can still buy a few presents from santa[wal-mart]clause and paint a few bunny-eggs. I know you gotta have relatives who would like you to come visit.
    While my boys were growing up I gave the gifts and I painted the eggs. I also made certain that they knew that those things came from those who loved them and not from some other fat guy that dresses funny. My boys were also taught the Christian realities as they pertain to these holidays and that the holidays themselves were not actually Christian.

"Christian but I dont celebrate christmas or easter"

I would have to say i feel sorry for your kids for denying them the right to be normal and have fun, I hope you dont have kids, is it not like slavery to force your believes on others.

Quote Originally Posted by refer guy View Post
    "Christian but I dont celebrate christmas or easter"

I would have to say i feel sorry for your kids for denying them the right to be normal and have fun, I hope you dont have kids, is it not like slavery to force your believes on others.
    Yes, it is like slavery to force your beliefs on others. This is precisely why I told my children the truth about Easter and Christmas as well as the truth about what is actually communicated through the writtings of the Bible books and letters. In this way, my boys have been given the oportunity to make informed choices for themselves.

Just what choice do children who are deceived by the lies that permeate Christmas and Easter have? No matter how you slice it, twist it or sugar coat it; the factors that make up Easter and Christmas are downright lies and deceit. Most of us grow up being told at some time that the adults we trusted our very lives and souls to.....lied to and deceived us.

If lying and deceiving is normal, we are in serious trouble. If the only way we can have fun is to buy into untruths...just what does this say about us?

Must there always be a dark underside to things? I've got enough things on my plate to worry about right now without adding christmas and easter to the mix.

This is exactly the bastardization of Christ's teachings that has led to the so called Christian attacks on the peoples of the world. The Crusades were about as Christ like as Hitler's Germany was.
    But Christians were not on the attack (strategically speaking) during the Crusades. The Crusades, from a Christian standpoint, were a rush to the defense of *already Christian lands* that had been invaded by Muslims.

That's not to say that everything that was done was "nice". But it is a common misconception that the Crusades were some sort of "wars of conversion", from a Christian standpoint anyway.

Do I always have to rush to the defense of Christians?
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101353 ... LastLast