View Poll Results: would you call him/her a Christian

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes: Christian

34 72.34%
  • no: not a Christian

13 27.66%
Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast
    My question would be define "Celebrate"? Do you mean going to Church? Buying gifts for everybody and their brothers? Easter egg hunt? Never read about that in the bible.

It has become a economy thing the celebration was dismantled and re-mangled into what we now have......spend, spend, spend!
    I love to Cook...HVAC is a hobby that pays the bills!

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
    Unfortunetly Christmas has turned into how much can I afford to spend day and has lost it's meaning to a vast majority they only seem to remember the gifts the wise man brought instead of the meaning behind them. Easter has turned into a ??egg hunt?? and candy central. My family celebrates these events making sure that the real meaning is remembered and understood. During Christmas we sit around as a whole family and the grandparents (formerly parents I only have one left this year) and talk about God and what he means and how much he gave for us.
    Good post! These holidays have definitely been hijacked by those who would profit from them.

To learn more about the true roots of Christmas, so some research on Saturnalia and Sol Invictus.

Easter has origins in more pagan cultures, that had similar meanings and symbolism, than you can shack a stick at!

http://www.religioustolerance.org/easter1.htm
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by Plates5 View Post
    First off, Why would you not celebrate those sacred times if you say your a Christian????

If you say your a Christian but will not celebrate the birth and resurrection of the Savior, Then what makes you a Christian? To believe? Believing alone is not enough. Even Lucifer himself believes there is a Lord God. How you live and interact with Christ and your fellow humans is more of the measurement of what you are. If you've walked away for your Christianity for whatever reason, or have not asked him in to your heart. He will be waiting for you with open arms. Ask and you shall receive.
    I don't think you need a poll to tell you what you already know in your own heart.
    so you r saying because someone does not celebrate Xmas and easter they r lost! am i reading u right ? were in the bible did Christ r any of his followers celebrate Xmas

You're still a Christian even if you don't celebrate Easter and Christmas.

I think Christians should actually celebrate Passover, for the mere fact Jesus was the sacrificial Lamb. Otherwise celebrate resurrection Sunday.

As for Christmas, we are not telling our kids about Santa Claus. And we aren't shoving Christ down their throats either. We tell them why we celebrate Christmas( for Jesus' birth).
    And you know what. They don't care that Santa wasn't the one that gave them presents.
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Quote Originally Posted by Its 2 Hot View Post
    so you r saying because someone does not celebrate Xmas and easter they r lost! am i reading u right ? were in the bible did Christ r any of his followers celebrate Xmas
    His birthday wasn't celebrated till after Jesus left the earth and ascended into heaven. Now who cares if we do not know the exact date of the birth of Jesus or resurrection of Jesus from the dead on Easter Sunday. They are important events and should be celebrated without a bunch of nitpickers attacking them. Cut us some slack here. Go fight the Muslims or whatever and stop trying to create dissention in the Christian community.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

I would vote in this little fun poll, but there is not a "who really cares" option.

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    Christmas and Easter = hostile takeover of perfectly good pagan holidays.
    hostile takeover by who Christian?

Yeap
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

the fact is these holidays are pagan holidays.

but i don't think it's a good idea to tell kids they can't celebrate them. i don't feel these holidays teach paganism
    ...well maybe easter does

The Holy Roman Empire to be exact.

The specific day that Christ was born is unimportant.
    The fact that he was born is of paramount importance.

Is it possible that the OP is pushing the Jehovah's Witness angle on things...

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast