Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes: Christian

34 72.34%
  • no: not a Christian

13 27.66%
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515455565758596061
    Quote Originally Posted by TB View Post
    What amazes me is how many people call themselves Christian, and yet are satisfied with a once a week at best, glimpse into what the Bible says, (or rather, what someone says it says.)
    Yes, that is a sad fact.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

I agree..... No problem with God, it's his fan club I can't stand...

Quote Originally Posted by sysint View Post
    Interesting. This site explains the Brahma, Siva and Vishnu just the way you define the Trinity: http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism/hindutrinity.asp

"The gods of Trinity are not different gods, but manifestations of the same Supreme Iswara, who is also known as the Saguna Brahman or the awakened or dynamic Brahman. Since ordinary human minds cannot comprehend the oneness of the universe, it becomes difficult for us to understand this concept clearly. To summarize the idea briefly let us take the analogy of a person performing different tasks. Just as a person becomes different persons while performing different roles or duties in the mental plane though not in the physical plane, God who exists in innumerable planes simultaneously appears as the Trinity in three different roles. The difference if any is in appearances which is part of the grand illusion that He weaves all around us.

That's the same explanation you give. Perhaps you want to change your story or discredit this explanation.
    Well that is interesting. Apparently I stand corrected on the claim I made, but, they are speculating when that tradition started. The site even admits that the three Gods makeing up their claimed trinity were not allways that way, nor did they allways have the character they are given now. It also admits they are not the only gods of hinduism. Sounds to me that it is likely they absorbed the idea of the Christian God into hinduism. Regardless, it is not an eternal natured god, since it had a beginning, but I'll accept that you showed me wrong in the claim that there is no other religion claiming to have a triune god.

That still does not prove, or even suggest that the Triune God of the Bible dosen't exist.
    TB
    Everyone knows something I don't.

2 Chronicles 7:14
    14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Quote Originally Posted by sline-dawg View Post
    I agree..... No problem with God, it's his fan club I can't stand...
    NOW yer talkin'. I happen to agree in large part. But just allow your relationship with God grow, nurture it through study of Scripture and prayer, and you'll find yourself taking on some of His traits, one of which is loving PEOPLE in spite of what you dislike ABOUT them.

Sline, ol' bud. Ya got the jist of it.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Thanks for responding to my query TB.

I posted in the 'word of god' thread that I will not be around much anymore due to a change of circumstances. But I did spank the NATE test. I will try to post about it a little as soon as I can.

It was fun bantering with you, I'll read you all later!!
    Hmmmm....smells like numbatwo to me.

I dont blame you. I don't celebrate the Goddess Ishtar, nor Nimrod either

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515455565758596061